Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum PAX

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  PAX
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Down Print
Author Topic: PAX  (Read 31572 times)
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Re: PAX
« Reply #165 on: April 10, 2014, 09:04:13 pm »

This is going to either be the PAX that returns the convention back to the form it was meant to be or the PAX where it begins its full on downward spiral into isolating and marginalizing of a significant portion of both developers and attendees, effectively driving a wedge within the gaming community and resulting in PAX eventually becoming a convention that A) doesn't happen anymore or b) people wish didn't happen anymore because of its toxicity.

Have fuuuunnn~~~
« Last Edit: April 10, 2014, 09:07:43 pm by Devourer of Time » Logged

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

Whats Ya Gunna Do When Pastamania Runs Wild On You

« Reply #166 on: April 10, 2014, 09:17:32 pm »

So Teatime can we actually meet up at some point this time lol.
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #167 on: April 11, 2014, 08:42:35 am »

@DoT: it is?  Depressio Yo

@Scooby: if you're reading this post RIGHT NOW i'm by the bathrooms near the main entrance. I also know we'll be at the "Land my Job" panel at 2 since my girlfriends boss will be speaking there.
scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

Whats Ya Gunna Do When Pastamania Runs Wild On You

« Reply #168 on: April 11, 2014, 12:04:37 pm »

Awwww I just  saw the post now.
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #169 on: April 12, 2014, 06:41:25 pm »

My two days of PAX are over. I didn't feel particularly wedged away from anyone, but idk I was mostly there to dress up like a wizard and play video games.

I actually had a whole heck of a lot of fun. Going for two days seemed perfect. Three days felt like overkill and one day felt like rushing to get everything done. Plus, I didn't really have any 'must play' games beckoning for me to spend hours waiting in line in the expo hall.

Friday expo hall wanderings brought us to a goat simulator booth (it was fun for a few minutes but I feel like I've pretty much done everything there is to do as a goat) and the Watch Dogs booth. I also had a couple of friends working booths, one for Infinite Crisis which is a DC MOBA, and one for Boothill Heroes, a small indie western in Earthbound style. So we stopped by and talked to them for a bit.

Oh, and we saw these awesome twitchplayspokemon cosplayers:

I know it's a bit blurry, I'm not so good at taking photographs. That's Bird Jesus with Lord Helix, and Red with a Flareon on his back saying "teach me surf!" I promised them I'd always vote anarchy.

At 2, my girlfriend's boss was speaking on a panel about how to get a job in the games industry. The panel was not actually all that interesting IMO (a bunch of people saying "try really hard" over and over again) but she had fun handing out cards for her game while we were waiting in line. Plus she was dressed as a sexy flapper girl since their game takes place in 1927. There's something gratifying about seeing the extremely skewed gender ratio and knowing that one of the cute cosplayer girls is with you. Ahemahemahem anyway.

We went to the Bioware HQ for the 'Happy Birthday Commander Shepard' panel which was just a kind of silly Q&A with some Mass Effect devs, and then we sung happy birthday (this would not be my last time singing happy birthday to a fictional character that day). Then we went to dinner, came back in time to watch the Super Smash Bros. Brawl tournament, then hung out in console freeplay playing Mario Kart Wii until it was time to go to our midnight showing of The Room (but that is for another thread).

Also, here are three Tingles dancing the YMCA.

Saturday was dress up like a wizard day since the big event I was looking forward to was Bioware's Cast Cosplay Initiative in the main theater. The voices of Ashley and Thane were there, as were the face models for Samara and Kaidan, all dressed as their characters. The voices for MaleShep and Legion were supposed to be there but had to cancel at the last moment. Still, it was fun. I got a picture with all of them that isn't online yet. Kimberly Brooks played with my fuzzy wizard shoulders.

(I'm the one who isn't a huge warrior.)

An unexpectedly awesome moment came when browsing the 'indie island' where a bunch of games from different indie developers were packed together. I was playing one, called Buddy & Me, and chatting idly with the guy who made it, when he dropped that he used to work for Nintendo and was lead level designer on Metroid Prime. I kind of geeked out a lot. That's one of my favourite games, in no small part because of the awesome world atmosphere. He said once he had a kid he wanted to step down and work on more light, family friendly games. Plus Buddy & Me was pretty fun.

So yeah. GOOD TIMES.
« Last Edit: April 12, 2014, 06:55:44 pm by Mr. Teatime » Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 [12] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.