Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum Firefox/Other Browser Themes

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Nerdular Nerdance
| | |-+  Firefox/Other Browser Themes
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Firefox/Other Browser Themes  (Read 2785 times)
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Firefox/Other Browser Themes
« on: January 23, 2010, 10:12:25 am »

I use firefox as a generalization and as a request. Most people use firefox nowadays. It's a fact. But I have a request to make of yous.

The default firefox UI is fine on PCs, but on Macs, it's strangely.... ass-tastic. So I have resorted to custom themes. Unfortunately, I am having horrible luck finding one that meets my needs.

I had been using the Aero Fox theme since a few weeks after I got this computer, but the newest versions of Firefox have effectively killed it a few months back.

I then switched MidnightFox. That sort of did the trick, but it was just usable and not so much enjoyable. It crashed this morning and I am back to the default once again.

So two focuses of the thread: Share your awesome, cooltastic themes you are using for your broser(s) of choice. And also, recommend some to me, so I can live with something else than the default.

Also, yes, I know there is an update for MidnightFox, but finding something better than that is still a more desirable outcome.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Bonkava!
Tony Tony Bologna

In the process of rebranding myself.

Re: Firefox/Other Browser Themes
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2010, 10:24:58 am »

I use Noia 2.0. I love it but it might not be black enough for your needs.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2010, 10:41:07 am »

Actually, I was using Aero Fox Silver or whatever, but I can't find the link for it anymore. Regardless, the creator of the theme quit supporting all variations of it back at Firefox version 3.0.2.

So light on dark or dark on light. Really doesn't matter to me. In fact, I keep the forum as dark on light instead of light on dark.

I remember trying Noia, now that I think about it. There was just something I didn't like about it. I don't know. The buttons didn't appeal to me and the bookmarks toolbar was really, really squished together when you do what I do (remove all of the names and just go by the icons).
« Last Edit: January 23, 2010, 10:44:43 am by Alexisonfire » Logged

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2010, 12:49:12 pm »

I've switched from using Firefox themes to using the Personas add-on. And I know how you like Personas. So now, my browser looks somewhat like this.

I lost all of my themes when I got my new laptop, but I do remember using this one most of the time.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2010, 06:25:20 pm »

PERSONA! *shoots self in temple*

Persona looks to be a cool add-on to tinker with. Although most of the ones on the site are pretty godawful. I'd have to make my own, methinks.

There is just one problem here. The basic Firefox theme on Mac OSX, besides being a mess, does not show the icons of sites on the bookmark tab. And the way I have it organized, it's kind of essential.

I know that I could reorganize everything, but I really like how I have (had) it set up and I really hate having to deal with the folder system of the toolbar in firefox, since it forces you to go through the organize bookmarks option to actually delete, reorganize, and alter your bookmarks. But the thing is, every other theme I have tried (which admittedly is not many) has completely nullified the change a persona makes to the UI except for the toolbar colour.

Basically, if I am to use a persona, I'd have to find a theme that had a button layout that was sleek and accessible and not the hideous mess that the standard Mac OSX theme provides, a background that supported transparency for the use of personas, and the ability to position my bookmark toolbar to specifications.

I'm beginning to think that it will just be easier to MAKE my own theme. Anyone know what language or toolkit that requires?

daBurninator
You've got red on you.
Super Mod

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2010, 03:12:03 am »

There is just one problem here. The basic Firefox theme on Mac OSX, besides being a mess, does not show the icons of sites on the bookmark tab. And the way I have it organized, it's kind of essential.

There's an add-on you can download that makes it show the FavIcons. I have it. It's just called "Bookmark Toolbar Icons 0.1.2.
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.