Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum Touch Screen Phones

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Nerdular Nerdance
| | |-+  Touch Screen Phones
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Touch Screen Phones  (Read 1697 times)
The Dark One
Custom Title
Medallion Gold Plus Member

I SAY

Touch Screen Phones
« on: June 09, 2011, 10:11:42 pm »

Lately I've been wanting to get in on the newest phones out there. My Virgin Mobile flip phone is falling apart and can't do all those fancy apps and such. Plus a phone with a contract will help me get a credit rating.

I know there's the iPhone and the Droid out there. There might be others I'm forgetting about.

What I want is a good phone that can make calls and do all those apps. I don't care much for texting. I find it silly myself. I'm also wondering about the coverage. I'm pretty sure both AT&T and Verzion both cover all of Kansas.

What would you guys recommend? Some of my friends have Droids, others iPhones... I don't know what to get.

Signature
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Ye not guilty

Re: Touch Screen Phones
« Reply #1 on: June 10, 2011, 08:58:16 am »

All I know about is vidja games.

I hear iPhone has better vidja games.

And that's all I know.

We have come to terms
MBD123
Dangeresque

Re: Touch Screen Phones
« Reply #2 on: June 10, 2011, 12:48:59 pm »

The iPhone has the most apps. It seems like developers seem to develop apps for the iPhone usually before they do for Droid and other smartphones. I do, however, know some people with HTC phones. They seem to have quite a few apps as well and everyone I know with an HTC phone seems very happy with it. One said the iPhone is nowhere near as good as the HTC Evo.

The Droid has a full physical keyboard, which would be easier to get used to for some people as opposed to the iPhone's touchscreen-only keyboard. Even if you don't care for texting, on-the-go web browsing can be nice. I find that I make a lot of typos with the iPhone's keyboard. I've never touched a Droid, but I used to have a BlackBerry with a full physical keyboard before a coffee mug fell on it and destroyed it. I quite liked the keyboard, but for you I would not recommend getting a BlackBerry as it has few apps.

Personally, I'd go with the iPhone since I know more people with iPhones than other smartphones, but that's just me.

Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.