Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum Xbox One

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  Xbox One
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Xbox One  (Read 9426 times)
Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy
Medallion Gold Plus Member

We're the Guardians of the Galaxy

Re: Xbox One
« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2013, 03:11:31 pm »

Before you know it, I'll always look the same, and Alexisonfire will be American
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2013, 04:04:03 pm »

There's good news and bad news here.

Good news is it doesn't require an internet connection to play singleplayer games and there's no restrictions on used games.

http://www.polygon.com/2013/6/19/4446308/xbox-one-family-sharing-plan-cloud-library-price-cut-plans
Bad news is the whole "Family" system is gone, where you could share your library with ten people.
Game installs are still mandatory, and you can't play disc-based games without the disc in the console. Like how installing games already works on 360.

I'd still call it a net gain. No one really thought that "Family" game sharing would work without some heavy, unexplained restrictions anyway.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #32 on: August 16, 2013, 01:48:59 pm »

You don't need to have a Kinect plugged in for the system to function anymore. Hopefully they'll announce soon that you don't need to have a Kinect at all.

But yeah, Microsoft is backpedaling HARD on the Xbox One. It's actually kind of worrying how much they seem to be just scrapping and implementing new policies left and right. Sure, Microsoft is making the Xbox One more and more tolerable for consumers, to the point where I can't really remember a feature that I hate about the console anymore, but from a pre-launch perspective this whole thing is an absolute mess.  I really cannot recommend enough to wait on buying an Xbox One until it's launched and all the variables are figured out. Give them a year to figure all this out because right now it just seems like Microsoft is coming apart at the seams.

The Giant Bombcast had an excellent discussion about just how crazy this situation is. It's 3 HOURS and 3 minutes into the podcast, but it's still worth listening to. NSFW language.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #33 on: August 17, 2013, 03:35:20 am »

Can't say I'm upset about the changes they're making. They're all for the better.

Still doesn't convince me to buy a console at launch no matter how bad I want to play Dead Rising 3 (pretty bad). Like most console launches I will wait at least a year before considering it.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #34 on: August 17, 2013, 09:52:27 am »

Let's just say it's been a year and a half since the Vita launched, the Vita has more games that I want to play than the Xbone and PS4 combined, and I can get a used Vita for 1/3 of the cost of an Xbone.

I still don't own a Vita.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #35 on: August 20, 2013, 04:18:55 am »

http://news.xbox.com/2013/08/gamescom-launch

Xbox One launch titles. As in, you will be able to play these on launch day. It's really good. Most consoles don't launch with this many games worth playing.

Assassin's Creed IV Black Flag (Ubisoft, Ubisoft)
Battlefield 4 (DICE, Electronic Arts)
Call of Duty: Ghosts (Infinity Ward, Activision)
Crimson Dragon (Grounding/Land Ho!, Microsoft Studios)
Dead Rising 3 (Capcom Vancouver, Microsoft)
FIFA 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Fighter Within (AMA Ltd., Ubisoft)
Forza Motorsport 5 (Turn 10 Studios, Microsoft Studios)
Just Dance 2014 (Ubisoft Paris, Ubisoft)
Killer Instinct (Double Helix, Microsoft Studios)
LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (TT Games, Warner Bros. Interactive)
Lococycle (Twisted Pixel, Microsoft Studios)
Madden NFL 25 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
NBA 2K14 (Visual Concepts, 2K Sports)
NBA LIVE 14 (EA Sports, Electronic Arts)
Need for Speed: Rivals (Ghost Games, Electronic Arts)
Peggle 2 (Popcap, Electronic Arts)
Powerstar Golf (Zoe Mode, Microsoft Studios)
Ryse: Son of Rome (Crytek, Microsoft Studios)
Skylanders: Swap Force (Vicarious Visions, Activision)
Watch Dogs (Ubisoft Montreal, Ubisoft)
Zoo Tycoon (Frontier Developments Ltd., Microsoft Studios)
Zumba Fitness: World Party (Zo Mode, Majesco)
« Last Edit: August 20, 2013, 04:19:50 am by Sonicface.bmp » Logged

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #36 on: August 20, 2013, 01:26:08 pm »

A new Fable game was announced which finally adds 4 player co-op. We'll see if Fable Legends marks the return of one of the best features about Fable 2 that's been missing from subsequent titles: being a good game.

Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy

« Reply #37 on: August 20, 2013, 09:48:22 pm »

Let's just say it's been a year and a half since the Vita launched, the Vita has more games that I want to play than the Xbone and PS4 combined, and I can get a used Vita for 1/3 of the cost of an Xbone.

I still don't own a Vita.

There aren't ANY games on Vita I'm interested in, so just like the PSP, I'll be passing on Sony's handheld.

Also Sonic, if you think about it, the majority of those games will already be out for the 360/PS3/PC/Wii U. The only difference will be the graphics.

So taking out those titles, you're looking at Dead Rising 3, Ryse, and...nothing else worth getting.

Before you know it, I'll always look the same, and Alexisonfire will be American
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #38 on: August 21, 2013, 10:47:05 am »

Crimson Dragon is the only exclusive highlight on that entire launch lineup. Mayyyyyybe Lococycle, but right from the first pitch of the game's idea, it would have to be pretty magical to actually be a good game.

Ryse looks like absolute hot garbage with zero appeal in its gameplay. Dead Rising looks like a huge departure from why people enjoyed the series. From what I've seen of Killer Instinct, it might just be the worst fighting game to come since Street Fighter X Tekken. I don't even know what Zoo Tycoon, Powerstar Golf, and Fighter Within are.
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 10:47:41 am by Devourer of Time » Logged

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #39 on: August 21, 2013, 02:14:08 pm »

Forgive my optimism.  Depressio Yo

Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy

« Reply #40 on: August 22, 2013, 07:07:30 am »

All I've seen of Ryse is what was shown at E3 but it looks good. I am going to wait for reviews but I liked what I saw there.

And maybe Dead Rising 3 is a departure from the series, but as someone who got rather bored with Dead Rising 1, I'm more interested in what DR3 seems to be bringing.

And Crimson Dragon is a JRPG right? At least, it sounds like one.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #41 on: August 22, 2013, 12:01:52 pm »

And Crimson Dragon is a JRPG right? At least, it sounds like one.

It's an on rails shooter that's a spiritual successor to the critically acclaimed Panzer Dragoon games, some of the absolute best games in the genre. It's spent the last several years in development hell and was originally announced as Kinect until they smartened up, didn't just ship the game to die, and added controller support.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9_GDszac6X0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9_GDszac6X0?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

All I've seen of Ryse is what was shown at E3 but it looks good. I am going to wait for reviews but I liked what I saw there.
It looks like they are trying to call of duty-fy an interesting point in history by making it bland and full of "gritty realism" while reducing the gameplay to short, repetitive quick time events. It's basically become one of the bigger jokes of the industry in the past few months.
« Last Edit: August 22, 2013, 12:06:03 pm by Devourer of Time » Logged

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #42 on: August 22, 2013, 02:57:41 pm »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/m-eqLuhFAkg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/m-eqLuhFAkg</a>

I was a bit worried about Dead Rising 3 getting too gritty and losing the crazy humor, but it's still there. Here's the deal with Dead Rising, right? The first game was almost like a test to see what the Xbox 360 could do. It showed off both how impressive it was and how technically limited it was.

So I'm expecting Dead Rising 3 to be that for Xbox One. It has a ton of zombies on screen but also seems to have awful framerate problems. I'm still looking forward to it because I enjoy those games and there's nothing else like them on the market. Also, they've slowly gotten better at developing the games as they've gone on, so I'd be surprised if they somehow reverted after refining the game so much with Off The Record.

And I'm into Killer Instinct because of the Dynamic Music system. Good use of music in games is a big deal for me.

Ryse is not doing it for me. I actually have no problem with Quick Time Events but it's like EVERY FIGHT in that game was just a QTE. Didn't look engaging in the way a game like Asura's Wrath is.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #43 on: August 12, 2014, 11:33:59 am »

The only thing I had to see out of Gamescom out of Xbox.

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/ltNUiVy2iOQ" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/ltNUiVy2iOQ</a>

Super Hot footage.

Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.