Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Combolations, Elizagerth!
| | |-+  Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!
Pages: [1] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!  (Read 157 times)
homstar
Lord Of The Donuts
Super Mod

The star of all homs.

Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!
« on: August 09, 2017, 08:10:54 am »

Well, as much as of ghost town this place has become, I think I can speak for a lot of people when I say that August 9th always holds a special place in my heart. It still is crazy to believe that 14 years have passed since I first registered to be on this forum, which, for my ten year old self, was a breeding ground for social interaction and helped really develop my sense of community.

A lot has changed in my life since then, but I never forget my roots. I spent a lot of time on here and have had a lot of wonderful memories. Man, even just looking at this forum, which has remained virtually untouched aesthetically for the last decade, I get mad nostalgia. I still enjoy a few H*R toons now and then and once in awhile I get reminded by a friend or acquaintance about Homestar Runner, in which I respond, "You have no idea".

Next year will be 15 years, and while I doubt there will be much more activity from myself or many other people til then, I must recognize it since you never know how long this website will remain active. Props to Sonic for remaining diligent throughout these years.

So to all my BHZ-ers of past and present, I lift my melonade (and a donut) to you! Cheers!

Let's Go To Grandma's House Let's Go To Grandma's House Let's Go To Grandma's House
« Last Edit: August 09, 2017, 08:11:19 am by homstar » Logged

Homestarguy
BHZ's own "Normal Member"
The Sturge

Please Clap. Please Get It Off.

Re: Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!
« Reply #1 on: August 15, 2017, 12:34:48 am »

Cheers, homstar! This forum holds a special place in my heart, being the only internet forum I regularly frequented during my formative online years. I know I haven't posted here a lot the past decade (which feels incredibly strange to say), but I will always think of this place whenever I think of Homestar Runner. For me, this forum and the H*R website were truly intertwined.

Here's to many more years of this timelessly gray forum living on in cyberspace, and to many more years of happiness and Homestar Runner content for all of the other wonderful members here. (Except for you, Ran Cossack. Rhinos are overrated.)

Adding the occasional quip since '04
----------------------------------------------------------------------
bhzstinkomank: HUGE storm abrewing 'bove my house
bhzstinkomank: so if I drop out
bhzstinkomank has left the chat room.
Goombazoid
Mayor of Can Town
Celebrity Pharmacist

Re: Happy 14th Anniversary, BHZ!
« Reply #2 on: August 15, 2017, 09:48:35 am »

Woot, only a few days late!

Happy belated anniversary to my favourite message board, the board is now older than I was when I first joined.

I'm in the same boat as both of you guys, this place had such a big impact on me during my early internet using years. So many great memories and amazing people!

Nothing to see here <_< >_>
Pages: [1] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.