Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Hey Folks »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Fighting Growlbacks Bottomless Spirit Pit
| | |-+  Hey Folks
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Hey Folks  (Read 2774 times)
ACPigeon
VCbidaou
Super Mod

suddenly seymour BUTTS

Re: Hey Folks
« Reply #45 on: September 26, 2020, 06:12:24 pm »

Goodness, I just had a dream about this place during an afternoon nap. I'm happy to see it's still up, I have many fine memories of acquiring digital nativity here. Now I'm a grad student in NYC, a place I'd dreamed of even as a fourteen-year-old making animated avatars in a cracked copy of Adobe ImageReady (I distinctly do not remember these PhotoBucket watermarks). Very cool to see familiar names here, and as others have said, mad props to BHZ the man for keeping the site live.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2020, 06:27:22 pm by ACPigeon » Logged

Well well... maybe it was professor Softcastle McCormick. Wink wink, Harry. Wink wink.
HomeStarRunnerTron
Two More Eggs
Super Mod

Two more eggs.

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2020, 02:41:45 am »

Awman, congratulations, that sounds INVIGORATING! As someone who's always interested in dreams, I'd love to know any more details of said dream, hahaha. (Although I kind of doubt you're going to stop in again.)

ACPigeon
VCbidaou
Super Mod

suddenly seymour BUTTS

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2020, 11:51:07 am »

I do remember it was set in present-day, and there was nothing particularly surreal about it, in the dream I just decided to try to log in. The only specific detail I remember is that my password did not work, and after the failed login I got a password hint which said "wut.", which made my dream-self annoyed at my past dream-self, but one of my go-to alt passwords worked. So, barring whatever exceptional details have faded away, it was quite a mundane dream -- but password aside, it more or less came true, which is nice.

Well well... maybe it was professor Softcastle McCormick. Wink wink, Harry. Wink wink.
HomeStarRunnerTron
Two More Eggs
Super Mod

Two more eggs.

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2020, 05:30:05 pm »

BWEHEHEH, I think that dream is EXCEPTIONAL. Bonus points if your password hint is actually "wut." I've been recording my dreams on my blog for the past near-decade (Oct 12th will officially mark 10 years of it), and I love dreams of all shapes and sizes equally. :  ) Thank you muchly.

A quick Homestar Runner-related portion of a dream from 2016:

[...] out of the blue, some ads start playing for a Homestar Runner movie. And I was geeking out hard– actually, for a few moments after I woke up, I legit thought that such a thing had at least been in pre-production a few times. But alas, it was just my imagination. Running away with me.

The commercial was perfection– it looked like it was going to be as intricate a web as anything that The Brothers Chaps have ever been a part of. When was the last time they did media the easy way, I tell you? In a similar fashion to Pom Pom’s Eleven, it was a wild, sprawling adventure with many plot tie-backs to the whole history of Homestar Runner, from the picture book onwards. I remember this one scene near the tail-end where Homestar Runner and Strong Bad had BOTH accidentally dressed up pretending to be Onion Bubs, and then Onion Bubs’ parents (ONION PARENTS!!) were trying to figure out which was the real Onion McCoy.

And I said out loud to everyone in the room, “If they play the movie right now, I’m going to scream.”

And then they did.

And I screamed.

Actually, I could NOT stop laughing and screaming at everything in the film, I was surprised that everyone in the room wasn’t fed up with how unbelievably psyched I was. But hey, I wasn’t expecting to ACCIDENTALLY end up watching the most important animated movie of the decade, now was I? One has to be warned of these things beforehand. Like, what if you were suddenly teleported into the Chinese Theatre and you were watching stinkin’ Shuffle or something? You have to be warned beforehand about this sort of stuff, or your mind might be completely overstimulated with too much awesome all at once. As mine was.

The opening was of some giant yellow clock, with epic narration over it, and I had no idea how it related to the movie at hand. But I knew for a fact that had to be Matt’s voice as the narrator. But the closer the camera got to the clock, it became more apparent it was shaped like a giant metallic honeycomb. And then, completely blindsiding me, it zoomed all the way out, out of the eye of BARRY B. BENSON. AT THE BEECH. … Yes, like a bee beach. And then Barry catches the surf and spray and is freeze framed jumping towards the camera with the classic Bee Smirk, and a big title screen came down– Bee Movie.

I was speechless.

And then, an addendum, “10”. … Bee Movie 10.

And then another addendum, “or 20”.

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2020, 10:58:00 pm »

Hello, Pigeon. Come tell us what movies you've been watching

And that's that.
ACPigeon
VCbidaou
Super Mod

suddenly seymour BUTTS

« Reply #50 on: September 29, 2020, 12:58:24 pm »

HSRT -- that's a great blog. I can never remember my dreams in vivid detail like that, makes me a bit jealous, but I enjoy reading others'. Did you ever read Slow Wave while it was on the internet? The author would take readers' dreams and put them into a four-panel comic format. It's long-gone now but you can still get it on Wayback
http://web.archive.org/web/20120105124226/http://slowwave.com/archive.php

DLA -- I haven't been watching many movies actually. The last one I saw was I'm Thinking of Ending Things on Netflix, which was okay but probably my least favorite Charlie Kaufman film. Most of my quarantine watching was working through The X-Files which I had never seen before -- and was great! Other than that I've mostly been reading, getting into novels which was never something I was particularly into before this year. Favorites so far on that front are The Ruins by Scott Smith and Brave New World.

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #51 on: September 29, 2020, 08:36:53 pm »

I may add The X-Files to my never ending list of stuff to watch. I remember my parents watching it when I was a kid but I've never actually sat down and watched it myself. Show wise I've been making my way through Preacher and that's been pretty fun. I like books but I have been super bad about reading anything this year

And that's that.
HomeStarRunnerTron
Two More Eggs
Super Mod

Two more eggs.

« Reply #52 on: September 30, 2020, 02:20:12 pm »

HSRT -- that's a great blog. I can never remember my dreams in vivid detail like that, makes me a bit jealous, but I enjoy reading others'. Did you ever read Slow Wave while it was on the internet? The author would take readers' dreams and put them into a four-panel comic format. It's long-gone now but you can still get it on Wayback
http://web.archive.org/web/20120105124226/http://slowwave.com/archive.php

Thank you so much for saying you like my blog! I had dreams long before this of creating a blog, so I'm just happy that it's worked out.

OH MY GOODNESS GRAPHICS. I can't believe I've never heard of this!! This is really and truly my kind of content. Do you have any personal favourites? SO sad to hear it's no longer available for most people to see... all hail Wayback for keeping me sane. (It also appears to have been saved a few times by Library of Congress... fingers crossed we get a full archive from SOMEone.) Thank you so-so much, ACPigeon, this is brilliance, and I'm going to share it with all my dream-centric friends. While not recounting dreams, another place on the Internet I love for lucid dream-humour is Sleep Talkin' Man.

EDIT:

Oh-ho, man, am I lovin' this...
« Last Edit: October 01, 2020, 07:06:29 am by HomeStarRunnerTron » Logged

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.