The First Episode of Ask HSRT!:
HSRT: Hmmm... when is anyone gonna ask me anything?
*Homestarguy runs in*
Homestarguy: HSRT? I know this has been asked several times. But how do you convert a .fla to .swf?
HSRT: Yay! First customer! I owe ya one, guy!
HSRT: Well, anyways, here's an easy step by step way to do so...
1) Eat pie.
Wait... no, that's not it.
1) When you're done with your fla project, click on File> Export
2) Type up what you want the name of your animation to be, and press return. Or... enter..
3) Then it should bring up another menu with other things on it.
If the animation is sound less, don't fiddle around with them. Just press okay and wait for it to be done exporting.
4) But if it does, click on Audio Stream/ Audio Event, and bring the Sound KBP's up a bit. At least up to 80. The more kbps you have, the more good the sound sounds... and the more memory it is.
4) Then click on Audio Stream/ Audio Event, depending on which on you clicked on first, and do the same thing you did to the previous audio thingy. Then press OK, and wait for it to be exported!
Alwight! That's done, time for the next question! Next!
*Local_lurker comes in, no relation to Local Lurker.*
L_l: Hey, HSRT.
L_l: How do you make Flash? Can you break it down for me? If you can, it would be much obliged.
HSRT: Well... what sorta flash? All about Flash would take 1,000 or more pages to write. Games? Basic Animation?
L_l: Nah, just like a little thing with music, like.. like the FHQ video!
HSRT: OH! OH! I know how to do THAT.
Well, basically, get flash for a start.
L_l: YAY! My copy of Flash came in the mail!)
Then, install it, blah, blah, then!
(L_l: What's taking my comp so long to dl this? AGH! It freezed on me!)
Get or draw the pictures and animations in flash you are going to use for yo music video.
(L_l: I'll just get pics, my own drawings will take to long. Besides, it's just my first!)
Then, assemble um.
(L_l: Umm.. assemblum? Whazzat? The plural of assembly? Why would I put assemblums in my music vid? It isn't like I'm makin' a video for School Rock- ......OH.)
Then, get the song, songs, you want on yer music video, videos, onto your comp, comps- I mean comp!
(L_l: How would I do that, I ask?)
Then import it onto flash and put it where the music is to start.
And... viola! Your first flash music video is finished!
L_l: That's all good and all... but... how do I put MUSIC on Flash? And get it to play?
HSRT: *SIGH* ... okay, back to the step by step stuffies.
1) To import music onto Flash, or sounds, click on File> Import to Library.
2) Then select the sounds or music you want for your thingy, and press return/enter.
3) Then to get it onto your toon/music video, press F11 to access the library. (if the function don't work, activate yer F-Lock.)
4) Then you should see in the library somewhere, your sound clip. Drag it to the place where you want it to start. ENJOY!
HSRT: Well, there IS a different way to get yer sound clips out of the library and rarin' ta play, but my fingers are tired... I need a break... a BIG one.
Homestarguy: K! Thanks HSRT!