Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « General Video Game Discussion »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  General Video Game Discussion
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] Go Down Print
Author Topic: General Video Game Discussion  (Read 335537 times)
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Re: General Video Game Discussion
« Reply #7275 on: September 05, 2015, 03:32:32 pm »

I too have been playing the popular shooter that came out this past week.

That's right, I'm talking about Ultra Despair Girls: Danganronpa - Another Episode.

I beat it. It's good. Go play it. But play the other two games first.

But Persona 5's gonna have to be in top form to top this

First it has to even come out this year.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2015, 03:33:04 pm by Devourer of Time » Logged

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Little Sampson
The Burninator

I want to buy your money with some drugs

« Reply #7276 on: September 05, 2015, 05:39:17 pm »

I heard new danganonronpapa isn't even an Apollo Justice-like anymore and that makes me so uninterested.

And I've heard from sources close to Atlus that P5 is still actually due out this year, but you're right.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #7277 on: September 06, 2015, 12:21:23 am »

Yeah, it's a third person shooter with puzzle elements and a lot of cutscenes. Focuses on basically just two characters instead of an extensive cast. It's actually the best shooter I've played on a handheld, but it's not spectacular.

There's an easy mode in the game where you're invincible and you can just fly through the gameplay bits super quick as everyone's favourite serial killer, in case you just want to experience the story (which is, like, at least 5 hours shorter than the first game even if you play on normal like I did).

It was good. Not as good as the other two, but good. i feel like it sets the stage for Danganronpa 3 while clearing up a lot of the mysteries in the first game (and one or two in the second), so it may end up being required playing for fans of the series.

I think the best praise I can give it is that, in a year full of great games, I did not regret playing it even a little bit.

Little Sampson
The Burninator

« Reply #7278 on: September 06, 2015, 12:47:40 am »

Okay fine you sold me

Ugh.

I was actually totally planning on playing it at some point if it ever goes on sale. I loved 1 & 2 too much not to.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #7279 on: September 06, 2015, 07:21:46 pm »

Over the past 2-3 months I've grown very fond of Destiny. I've never been interested in MMOs but Destiny being MMO-like is perfect for me. Not so addictive that I'm skipping class to play, but I can easily sit down and be entertained for 3 hours at any time. The bounties and daily/weekly objectives always gives me a very clear sense of progression when I'm done and that hooked me in.

I think The Taken King is my most anticipated game right now and I didn't even give a crap about Destiny until I started playing over the summer. Too bad my friends have been playing since the game launched so I have no one to do Raids with ;_;

And since I had to force myself to beat a game instead of playing Destiny forever, I bought and completed Transistor in like 3 days. I enjoy it more than Bastion, and I thought Bastion was a classic.
« Last Edit: September 06, 2015, 07:54:27 pm by Sonicface.jpg » Logged

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #7280 on: September 07, 2015, 12:11:41 pm »

I got up to what appears to be the final stretch of Transistor a while ago but never got around to finishing it. It really is a fun game but for some reason I'm never in the mood to play it. Dunno why.

And that's that.
Little Sampson
The Burninator

« Reply #7281 on: September 07, 2015, 12:24:58 pm »

I had to play through Transistor in one sitting. Trying to start and pick it up later just didn't seem to work. I love the story and aesthetic and music and I love love love the combat system, but I feel like they never fully realize the potential of the combat the way they did in Bastion.
« Last Edit: September 07, 2015, 12:28:21 pm by Little Sampson » Logged

Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #7282 on: September 09, 2015, 07:59:32 pm »

Which new adult video games have I been wanting to buy with my adult job-earned cash (adult)? Metal Gear Solid V? Batman: Arkham Knight? Dying Light?

Haha! It's Yoshi's Wooly World.
Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

« Reply #7283 on: September 09, 2015, 10:50:11 pm »

I'm saving up for a Wii U so I can play games such as Yoshi's Wooly World.

And that's that.
Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

« Reply #7284 on: September 10, 2015, 08:58:56 pm »

Wii U post part 2: I really want Super Mario Maker but I wish that this was a game I could play on my 3DS.

And that's that.
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #7285 on: September 10, 2015, 09:39:54 pm »

Okay, here is an actual update on games I've been playing recently:

Fire Emblem: Awakening - Having beaten Fire Emblem (GBA) and Fire Emblem: Sacred Stones for the first time recently, I dove into Awakening. Played through on classic mode and beat it with a near genocide-level casualty rate. Now I'm playing through it again on casual so I can see more support combos, children levels, and marry stupid sexy Anna. Also gratuitous bathing suit DLCs.

Fall Out: New Vegas - Some may recall me complaining about being one of the few people around who didn't like Fallout 3. When Fallout 4 was announced to be in my home turf of Boston, though, I decided to go back and give it another try. I actually beat the campaign for the first time and enjoyed it. Then I moved on to New Vegas, which I've never tried before. I'm enjoying this one a lot more from right off the bat. Fu manchu + Melee combat = unstoppable Mongolian warrior.

The Last of Us: This One Doesn't Have a Colon - I started and finished The Last of Us earlier this year. It was good but I don't think I loved it as much as everyone else did. I think I'm just too used to having player choice when it comes to story/character driven games. The ending 'twist' left a bad taste in my mouth, and I actually spent some time standing still with my weapon pointed down to see if a second ending could happen. Nope. I guess that's probably part of the point of the game, on the whole.

Life is Strange - This game is really good but it falls into the Telltale category of "a visual novel mugged a video game in an alley and stole its clothes." Really, I love almost everything about this game. It made me cry TWICE. The protagonist is one of the most relateable characters I've ever played. Everyone feels really human and flawed. Some of the pop culture humour is a bit awkward at times, but you know what, I like that too. It's charming. Everyone online thinks there are "Gone Home" level homosexual undertones to it. I'm not so sure I buy that, but hey, whatever makes people happy I guess.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #7286 on: September 12, 2015, 11:05:53 pm »

I've been waiting to play Life is Strange until it's out of Early Access (oh ho ho), but am now very disappointed at this revelation that the game isn't about Gay Teens™ like I thought it was.

Super Mario Maker is pretty dang snazzy. I remade a Donkey Kong Country level in it and tried (and failed!) to make a difficult-but-fair level, but learned a lot along the way.

Like how you can't fit John Cena's theme into the custom sound effect.

hmph.

It seems like now is the best time to make levels, as it'll only get harder to get noticed once more people own the game/ less people are playing concurrently. But it's pretty rough out there if you're looking for a well built stage. Playing 100 Mario mode is a russian roulette of bad level design.

Well, anyway, Super Mario Maker is just the first of a ton of good games coming out in the next 4ish months and am just now realizing just how BROKE I am so buying Mario Maker might have been a big mistake.

Hmph.

Oh, and I've been "playing"* through Steins;Gate in the latest installment of me trying to figure out what Visual Novels are all about. Looking back on what I've played of the game, I've been enjoying it and it's got its hooks in pretty deep, but it's probably the least enjoyable-yet-still-good VN I've played. At least, so far.

Granted, the only other VN's I've played have been the Danganronpa, Ace Attorney,and Zero Escape games, so the bar has been set pretty high.

Oh, and Banshee's Last Cry. Keep meaning to get back to that to see the crazy alternate routes, but it requires some... mental preperation. That game is scaaaaryyyyy.

*I only use the scare quotes there because, after 15-20 hours, the only interaction other than reading in the game has been A) Looking up words in the glossary, B) choosing to answer phone calls, and C) choosing to answer texts with predefined answers. I've heard the game diverges more in the future, but we'll see I guess.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2015, 11:17:15 pm by Alexisonfire » Logged

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

« Reply #7287 on: September 16, 2015, 09:08:14 pm »

I just beat MGSV. Real interested in what you guys are gonna say about that ending.

And that's that.
Pages: 1 ... 484 485 [486] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.