Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « iTunes 7 < Dog Poop »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Nerdular Nerdance
| | |-+  iTunes 7 < Dog Poop
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: iTunes 7 < Dog Poop  (Read 10477 times)
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Re: iTunes 7 < Dog Poop
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2006, 09:32:12 pm »

Do yourself a favor and quit using iTunes to listen to music. Download Winamp instead. I find that is a heck of a lot easier to use and your music is a lot more managable. Use iTunes for the shopping, the CD ripping, the iPod synching, and the windsheild whiping. Use Winamp for just listening to music.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2006, 09:36:07 pm »

Can't WinAmp sync iPods now?

Homestarguy
BHZ's own "Normal Member"
The Sturge

Please Clap. Please Get It Off.

« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2006, 09:49:58 pm »

Now is it just Windows users who are having problems?(Note: this isn't a "Macs are better" question) Because it works fine on my iBook. But as for those who do have the problems, I'm actually not suprised. It seems Apple's "first version" of everything usually has  some sort of bug. I'd expect it should be resolved by the next update.

Adding the occasional quip since '04
----------------------------------------------------------------------
bhzstinkomank: HUGE storm abrewing 'bove my house
bhzstinkomank: so if I drop out
bhzstinkomank has left the chat room.
potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2006, 09:55:20 pm »

Now is it just Windows users who are having problems?(Note: this isn't a "Macs are better" question) Because it works fine on my iBook. But as for those who do have the problems, I'm actually not suprised. It seems Apple's "first version" of everything usually has  some sort of bug. I'd expect it should be resolved by the next update.

I'm running Windows, and from what I saw at the Apple forums, only Windows users were having the issues.

You don't have "sound enhancer" on by any chance, do you?

*Shrugs*  Beats me, I've reverted back to iTunes 6, and everything is running fine again.  When I was still using iTunes 7, I was just using the default settings, so maybe "Sound Enhancer" was on, but I don't know.

´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><(((º>
0!
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2006, 10:00:38 pm »

Can't WinAmp sync iPods now?
Probably, it's just that Winamp is notorious for having a lot of features that don't quite live up to the original programs. Burning CDs is a lot easier on cd burning software than on Winamp. Watching video isn't so bad, but I have always preferred a program made for watching videos (mainly DivX). Winamp is a program made for listening to music, and it is the best at it. iTunes is a program made for synching with your iPod and getting music for your iPod, and it is best at it.
« Last Edit: September 20, 2006, 10:01:34 pm by Alexisonfire » Logged

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Gir
This user has 2.9999999999999999 demerits.
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #20 on: September 20, 2006, 10:01:17 pm »

1. Like what? I'd like to know, please.

2. a. Notice the parenthesis? Those subordinate the heck out of anything.
b. You basically hit the nail on the head. Also, it's formatted weird.

Can't just one of my posts fly by without being questioned multiple times?

1. USB transfers, iPod rips, flash drives, external drives, burnt CDs, take it into a store, and many apps that will do this (I don't know the name of any PC ones).

2. How'd I hit the nail on the head? That expression doesn't even work with I said. I think you met something like "That's it", or "That's the last straw", or something like that. Hit the nail on the head means I've made a good point that sums up the conversation, you meant to say I angered you enough to make you want to take action.

And to the last sentence: Read what stinkoman said:

Gir's problem (one of them) is that 80% of the time when people say that macs suck, it's due to the facts that macs don't have as many games available (Bootcamp'd!), or that they don't have a right-click button (USB mouse or even ctrl+click'd!).

Member since February 14th, 2004.
Dustinmyles
Rather Dashing

« Reply #21 on: September 20, 2006, 10:22:27 pm »

Probably, it's just that Winamp is notorious for having a lot of features that don't quite live up to the original programs. Burning CDs is a lot easier on cd burning software than on Winamp. Watching video isn't so bad, but I have always preferred a program made for watching videos (mainly DivX). Winamp is a program made for listening to music, and it is the best at it. iTunes is a program made for synching with your iPod and getting music for your iPod, and it is best at it.

Amen to that.  I love winamp.  Like you said, I don't use it for watching videos or burning cd's and whatnot (again, like you said, there're much better programs out there for that), but for straight up listening to music, there's nothing better.  There're so many easy to learn features plus hundreds of plugins for pretty much everything.  Easy queing and searching of music, setable crossfading (you can set it so that tracks fade into the next one...  although that may be what you guys are talking about when you say there's not pauses between songs anymore).... everything's so quick and streamlined.

Really, I hate to sound like an advertisement, but Winamp is plain awesome for listening to music.  I love it.

Homestar Golfer
Celebrity Pharmacist

*Drooling indefinately*

« Reply #22 on: September 20, 2006, 11:45:52 pm »

Prolly cause I'm on a iMac G5 PowerPC with an added Gig of RAM (Tremble in fear) I haven't seen a single degredation in performance, with one possible exception: The iTunes widget is sluggish. It allways has been, but for me it seems like it might be even worse on iTunes 7. But I'm WAY more pleased with the added benefits than this little side-note.

Incidentally, how do you take all your music from one computer's iTunes to another one using iTunes?

I have no signature ideas, so I'm stealing Potthole's fish... and making it a SWORDFISH!!

´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><("("(<(º==>
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #23 on: September 21, 2006, 12:45:48 am »

2. How'd I hit the nail on the head? That expression doesn't even work with I said. I think you met something like "That's it", or "That's the last straw", or something like that. Hit the nail on the head means I've made a good point that sums up the conversation, you meant to say I angered you enough to make you want to take action.

No, that's what I meant. You named the main two points why I don't like macs. Maybe, "you answered that question within your question" would work better

Incidentally, how do you take all your music from one computer's iTunes to another one using iTunes?

Well, besides keeping both computers on and enabling the "share music" thing to listen to the music on the other computer, the program Mytunes should help you out if you have 6.0 or if Mytunes updates to 7.0, cause if you try it right now, it won't work. Or you can try one of Gir's pricier options.

BHC's YTP of the... I dunno... of the 7 months?:
JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
Gir
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #24 on: September 21, 2006, 04:43:06 pm »

"Pricier" Options:

USB transfers - Free if you have the cables (which you should).

iPod rips - Free if you have an iPod.

Flash Drives - $5 - $50 (For a 128 MB to a 1 GB one).

External drives - $50 - $200 (For around 1 GB to 1 terrabyte) (Or use a PSP, iPod, etc).

Burn CDs - If you don't have blank CDs lying around the house, that's just sad.

Take it into a store - Price Depends, Or Sometimes Free (Fry's, Best Buy, Apple Store, Etc.).

About 3 of the them are free, and 2 are inexpensive or sometimes free. And they all work better than Mytunes.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 04:43:57 pm by Gir » Logged

ACPigeon
VCbidaou
Super Mod

suddenly seymour BUTTS

« Reply #25 on: September 21, 2006, 06:35:14 pm »

iPod rips - Free if you have an iPod.

I... don't think this counts as free.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2006, 06:35:41 pm by ACPigeon » Logged

Well well... maybe it was professor Softcastle McCormick. Wink wink, Harry. Wink wink.
Gir
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #26 on: September 21, 2006, 08:33:48 pm »

I... don't think this counts as free.

If you don't have an iPod or some type of MP3 player by now you should get one. I was making a general assumption that most people here have some sort of MP3 player, mostly iPods.

potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #27 on: September 21, 2006, 11:14:12 pm »

If you don't have an iPod or some type of MP3 player by now you should get one.

And why is that?  The only reason why I have one is because I got it for free.  Otherwise I wouldn't have one at all.

´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><(((º>
0!
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #28 on: September 21, 2006, 11:37:51 pm »

And why is that?  The only reason why I have one is because I got it for free.  Otherwise I wouldn't have one at all.

Where did you get one for free? The only 2 things I can think of are...

and...

So unless you can explain yourself, I'm gonna assume you stole it, or murdered the evil teddy bear and took his.

BHC's YTP of the... I dunno... of the 7 months?:
JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #29 on: September 22, 2006, 07:42:17 am »

Where did you get one for free? The only 2 things I can think of are...

and...

So unless you can explain yourself, I'm gonna assume you stole it, or murdered the evil teddy bear and took his.

Maybe somebody gave him one or he won it in a contest?

I realize you're most likely joking, but it isn't funny in the least, which makes me wonder.

We have come to terms
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.