Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum iTunes 7 < Dog Poop

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Nerdular Nerdance
| | |-+  iTunes 7 < Dog Poop
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Print
Author Topic: iTunes 7 < Dog Poop  (Read 9982 times)
potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

Re: iTunes 7 < Dog Poop
« Reply #30 on: September 22, 2006, 09:37:35 am »

My dad won an iPod Shuffle from a contest at work, and he didn't want it, so he gave it to me.

And guys, try to lighten up on BHC a bit, I've noticed that people have been rather rude to him recently, and I haven't really seen any real reason for this aggression aimed at him.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 09:38:40 am by potthole » Logged

`..`..`..`..`..`..`. ><(((>
0!
Gir
This user has 2.9999999999999999 demerits.
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #31 on: September 22, 2006, 07:03:43 pm »

I'm not trying to be agressive to him. I just get really mad when people say "MACS SUCK LOOLL" and the only evidence they give to back up their claims are no right click or games, which can be solved easily:

1. Mighty Mouse, PC Mouse, etc.
2. Boot Camp (Free), Virtual PC ($100 or so) or get it illegally (dundundun).

That's all.

Member since February 14th, 2004.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #32 on: September 22, 2006, 09:41:29 pm »

My dad won an iPod Shuffle from a contest at work, and he didn't want it, so he gave it to me.

And guys, try to lighten up on BHC a bit, I've noticed that people have been rather rude to him recently, and I haven't really seen any real reason for this aggression aimed at him.
Actually, My mom won an iPod Shuffle at work too! Except she gave it to my brother instead of me...

Oh well...

Yeah, BHC has been the output of a lot of people's aggrivation recently. And it has all been kind of spur of the moment. It's like everyone thought "hmmm... with Queeners banned and picking on The Dark One.." (sorry, The Dark One, but I have noticed that you've been getting some bad rap too) "... getting old, we need a new target at which we can all make fun of constantly". I for one think it's sort of cruel.

But BHC, would you please stop posting images that are over 10000 pixels wide?

I'm not trying to be agressive to him. I just get really mad when people say "MACS SUCK LOOLL" and the only evidence they give to back up their claims are no right click or games, which can be solved easily:
Being one of these people myself (namely just to make my teacher mad at me, sparking conversations that would waste weeks worth of French class in elementry school), I can honestly say that Macs can play games just as well as a Windows machine. And the use of that exuse to hate Macs can no longer be used. There is no valids reason as to why people choose to have a PC over a Mac, other than people fear changing systems, as they would have to learn how to use a computer all over again. And with majority of people who 35+, learning to use a computer again wouldn't be worth the hassle.

I, for one, know that my next computer will definately be a Mac. PCs have given me too much trouble and frustration in the past and Linux is not nearly as useful as Macs.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #33 on: September 22, 2006, 09:55:01 pm »

Actually, My mom won an iPod Shuffle at work too! Except she gave it to my brother instead of me...

Oh well...

Yeah, BHC has been the output of a lot of people's aggrivation recently. And it has all been kind of spur of the moment. It's like everyone thought "hmmm... with Queeners banned and picking on The Dark One.." (sorry, The Dark One, but I have noticed that you've been getting some bad rap too) "... getting old, we need a new target at which we can all make fun of constantly". I for one think it's sort of cruel.

But BHC, would you please stop posting images that are over 10000 pixels wide?

That I can explain. If you read the 10000 wide pixel message, it explained that anyone who posted a picture from that site would get that 10000 wide pixel picture. It was working yesterday...And that's the first 10000 wide pixel picture I've done, and it was by accident, so... I can't stop doing something I don't do. I will go back and fix that picture though, but it will still be in stinkoman's quote.

Yeah, I was thinking this morning that I've become the new Queeners in a manner of speaking. Maybe it's the new name, maybe it's because I've started becoming a regular in the CGN threads. Who knows. I will, however, try to help out this situation and not make any, ANY, more jokes, puns, witty observations, or anything humorous. I will simply state what I have to say, which won't be much from now on since I've limited my majority post includements (for lack of a real word).

Enjoy.

BHC's YTP of the... I dunno... of the 7 months?:
JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
Lonestar Runner
The Poopsmith's Assistant

« Reply #34 on: September 22, 2006, 10:11:58 pm »

ANY, more jokes, puns, witty observations, or anything humorous.

I have something to say, and I think I'm speaking for everyone. Don't give up your comedy. Laughter is the best medicine.
Oh, I'm good.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2006, 10:53:38 pm by Lonestar Runner » Logged
Homestarguy
BHZ's own "Normal Member"
The Sturge

Please Clap. Please Get It Off.

« Reply #35 on: September 22, 2006, 10:59:54 pm »

[gettingbackontopic]Well, that is quite strange about those iTunes issues. As I said earlier, I'm almost positive Apple will realease a quick bug-fix update within the next week. I was oblivious to the problem, but I'm glad someone brought it up.[/gettingbackontopic]

Adding the occasional quip since '04
----------------------------------------------------------------------
bhzstinkomank: HUGE storm abrewing 'bove my house
bhzstinkomank: so if I drop out
bhzstinkomank has left the chat room.
potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #36 on: September 23, 2006, 12:37:59 am »

I wasn't just referring to you.  As a whole, people have been giving BHC a hard time, and he doesn't deserve it.  There's nothing wrong with his joke telling.  Sure, some of them are really cheesey, but that doesn't mean people need to rip him a new one for it.  When people gave Quenners crap, it was usually because he was doing something to deserve it- by calling people morons, telling us over and over about how smart he thought he was, stuff like that.  When people give BHC crap, it's because he's cracking jokes.  Not cool at all.  If he were doing things like Q-Bert did, yeah, I could see why some might give him a hard time- but he's not.  So lay off of him.

Next person I see giving him what I feel is an undeserved hard time, winds up on probation.

0!
tape-leg
the digiman
Celebrity Pharmacist

Alright!

« Reply #37 on: September 28, 2006, 02:16:38 pm »

7.0.1 is out now, so maybe you guys who went back to 6 should see if it works any better.
potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #38 on: September 28, 2006, 04:27:23 pm »

Humm, I shall look into that...

0!
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #39 on: September 28, 2006, 05:47:06 pm »

Quote: Ipodwizard.net

"Apple has released iTunes 7.0.1 via Mac OS X's Software Update Utility and on the web. According to company, "iTunes 7.0.1 addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more."
The update requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, or Windows 2000/XP.

Finally, all those bugs should be ironed out."

potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #40 on: October 03, 2006, 01:49:32 pm »

I installed the new 7.01 update to iTunes on Sunday, and all the problems I noticed do indeed seem to be fixed.  Yay.

0!
Gir
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #41 on: October 03, 2006, 08:30:46 pm »

Quote: Ipodwizard.net

"Apple has released iTunes 7.0.1 via Mac OS X's Software Update Utility and on the web. According to company, "iTunes 7.0.1 addresses stability and performance issues with Cover Flow, CD importing, iPod syncing, and more."
The update requires Mac OS X 10.3.9 or later, or Windows 2000/XP.

Finally, all those bugs should be ironed out."

I love iPod Wizard. I want to try to get it to work on my Mac.

Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #42 on: October 03, 2006, 08:48:22 pm »

I love iPod Wizard. I want to try to get it to work on my Mac.
Yes, it is a very nice program. I love handing my iPod to someone, and seeing the look on their faces. I've had people say everything from: "Dude, this is so sweet!" to: "Why is it in chinese?" (because this is my font. I have the Pink Floyd theme, naturally.

I think it's strange that there's more available for OS modding on windows iPods than Mac iPods. iPodWizard is Windows-only, for now. And then there's Rockbox, an alternative OS, kind of like iPod Linux, which isn't available to macpods, due to the file system.

There actually is an alternative to IPW for macs, but it doesn't seem to be very good... give it a try if you're desperate.

http://ipodicons.sourceforge.net/

EDIT: after researching a bit, the program mentioned above doesn't seem to work with the 5G iPod (the video one). I don't know which one you have, or even if you were interested in trying the program, but it's something to look out for. There has been a pretty high demand for a Mac version of IPW, and I'm sure it will happen one day...
« Last Edit: October 03, 2006, 09:03:06 pm by Homestar Hockey Fan 128 » Logged

Gir
Some Kinda Robot

Nat

« Reply #43 on: October 04, 2006, 06:15:15 pm »

iPod icons sucks. The iPod Wizard for Mac is done, it's just that the people making it are being lazy and delaying it for "image" reasons (and by that I mean the program's theme, which is just stupid, I don't care how it looks, I just want iPod wizard).

Agent Brown
Totally Awexome Member

I think my mask of sanity...

« Reply #44 on: October 05, 2006, 05:18:59 pm »

iTunes forced me to upgrade my iPod software to the "new" version that it came with. I did. And now my iPod doesn't work. Thanks a lot jerks. At least Apple was good enough to send me a replaecement iPod.

<a href="http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6941/pokemails6gh.swf" target="_blank">http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6941/pokemails6gh.swf</a>
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.