Welcome to Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forums! A community for the most awexomest H*R fans around.Please take the time to read this entire thread.
This is a "clean" forum. That means that there is to be no swearing, racial/gender/age/religious or character discrimination, sexual content, drug or alcohol references, or other offensive content in any of the posts you make. We want this forum to be enjoyable for everyone.
1) Please try and organize your thoughts all into one post, rather than successively posting a new thought as they come to you. There are times when it is permissable to double or triple post though. If you are posting a long fan-fic in Bubs' Bookstand, or are the host of a game, or have just come up with another thought that you feel others would miss if it were edited into your last post, it may be necessary to post multiple times.
2) Post any threads announcing that you are new here in the: Here Comes the, There Goes the Thnikkaman
3) If you have any questions, please post them in the: Here is some Little Questions:
4) Please keep H*R secrets that you find and wish to share in the Secrets Section
5) New Strong Bad Email posts should go in the: Secrets Section
, not the Action Cool News section.
6) If you find any posts that you think are inappropriate, please report abuse to a moderator. Remember to quote those whom have made offending remarks so that moderators can find the source of the problem quickly. Not enough description of the problem will only delay a solution.
7) You cannot edit or DELETE a post that has been previously edited by a moderator, or you risk an instant probation. If you wish to delete your own topic, please tell a moderator that you would like it to be deleted. At the least, a moderator should be able to lock the thread.
8) Do not make threads about an admin/mod or an admin/mod's decision. This includes making a thread asking why your thread was locked or deleted. Contact them directly via PM to sort it out.
9) Any images (banners) inserted into your signature must meet the following requirements.
- They may not contain any auto-playing sounds.
- They must be less than 200 kilobytes in size.
- They may not exceed the size of any of the three images below:
- 500 x 200 (OR FIT WITHIN THESE DIMENSIONS)
- 600 x 175 (OR FIT WITHIN THESE DIMENSIONS)
- 700 x 150 (OR FIT WITHIN THESE DIMENSIONS)
10) Any image used for an avatar must meet the following requirements.
- They may not exceed 100 pixels wide by 100 pixels high.
- They must be less than 200 kilobytes in size.
11) Avatars and Signatures are not to express any opinions on politics or religion.
12) Altering a swear word by inserting *** or alternative letters/symbols into it will be considered the same as swearing and is not tolerated.
13) Attempting to log in using an Administrator's or Moderator's login name, or any attempt to "guess" their password will equal an instant ban. These attempts are logged and reviewed regularly.
14) Posting images/thoughts/words/etc.. for a banned member will get you banned. For your sake, please don't do this.
Something pretty new to the board is Karma. Karma is a system for fun, to award good posts made by your fellow members.
Before I go any further, I'd like to make on thing clear. This is meant to be something fun. So please, please do not get bent out of shape if you don't like your karma level. If people can't be mature with this, it will get turned off pretty darn quickly.
Now I will explain how things are setup. It is possible to give each individual member one Karma 'vote' per 24 hour period. You can give 'votes' to as many members as you want a day, but once you give someone a 'vote,' you are not able to give them another until 24 hours have passed.RULES:
1. We will not tolerate any posts telling/asking other members to give a certain member karma votes. In other words, no posts like, "Hey everybody, go give Member X a positive vote!" Or no, "Hey, if you guys go give Member Y a negative vote, I'll give you a positive vote!" If we see any of this going on, probation will be swift.
2. Karma is supposed to be fun, so keep it that way. TIPS:
1. Just in case you are completely new to Karma, here is how you vote:
2. Karma is not a popularity contest. When giving Karma votes, try not to do it based off of what you think about the person, do it based off of what you think about their post. If you like a post from someone, give it a positive Karma vote. If you don't like a post from someone, give it a negative Karma vote. But, don't base it off of who makes the post.
1) Please read through the Free Image Hosting
and How To Take A Screenshot
threads. Posting images and screenshots is an enjoyable way to participate with other forum members.
2) We encourage guests to register. As a member you are able to participate in the forum by: being able to post messages, display an avatar or sig, being able to personal message other members, and being able to display a forum title.
3) It is ok to post replies on old threads if you have something to add to it. Remember that not everyone has read every post or experienced every topic at the same time as others.
4) It is ok to post simple replies. If you post many simple replies though, it may be viewed as spam by your peers. Post as your time and thoughts permit.
5) The forum ranks, and how many posts it takes for each one:
|Rank Title ||Required Posts ||Stars|
|The Poopsmith's Assistant||0||0|
|Super Great Poster||250||2|
|Totally Awexome Member||500||3|
|Some Kinda Robot||2500||8|
|Medallion Gold Plus Member||5000||13|
BHZ STAFF LISTINGADMINISTRATORSbhz
- pmSUPER MODERATORSACPigeon
- pmMr. Teatime
- pmSeñor Driller
- pmWon the Powerball
All examples of art, flash-work, or fan-fiction posted on this forum is considered to be the sole property of the person who posted it. You MAY NOT use it in any other post, nor reproduce it in any way, shape, or form without prior permission from its creator.
POLICIES1) Respect your peers.
There will be absolutely NO tolerance for anyone who does not treat other forum members with RESPECT. You are ALL to treat each other in a mature and respectful way.
If you do see someone post something inappropriate, DO NOT respond to it in kind. Just bring it to the attention of an admin or moderator and we will take care of it. That's what we're here for.2) The Probation System
There are three levels here:
1) One Warning
2) Member on Probation
3) Member Banned and Account Deleted. All posts will disappear from the forum.
If a major
infraction has occurred, a member shall receive a warning via PM usually from an Admin.
The next occurrence will put the "Member on Probation". This means the following: The member will be given a special rank "Member on Probation" which causes their account to be put into guest status effectively. They will not be able to post any threads or replies to threads, not be able to send/receive PMs, not be able to access their profile, and basically only be able to read posts. The period of Probation is variable and set by admin, but will typically be 30 days minimum. This is a serious deprivation of privileges and members should consider each and every post wisely before pressing the POST button. While on probation, a member may NOT contact the BHZ Staff concerning their probation via any means. If you are put on probation, we don't want to hear from you. If you complain and contact us, you will be banned. Once the probation period is up, normal status will be returned. The next infraction of the rules could result in an instant ban and deleted account.
Also while on probation, if you attempt to register on the forum with a new user-name, this will result in an instant ban and both accounts being deleted.
At any point in time, serious violations can result in an instant ban from the forum.
If this sounds mean, it's not.. it's serious. We are serious about keeping this forum a safe place where anyone can come and enjoy H*R without fear of prejudice against race/religion/age/gender or character.
If you think this is unfair, you probably don't want to follow the rules and shouldn't be here anyway.
Simply put, a ban is a permanent removal from the forum. It is the last resort measure for problems between members and the rules that just can't seem to go away. A ban loses its effectiveness if the member is allowed to return, and as such, if a banned member chooses to attempt to make a new account, the account will be instantly banned, and the administrator has no obligation to list the reasons for the ban, or to re-list the reasoning for the initial ban. Simply put, bans are non-negotiable and non-reviewable. The onus is on you not to let any disagreements get to the point where ban becomes necessary.
Actions taken by Moderators or Administrators resulting from various types of posts or threads:TO BE LOCKED
1) Threads that have already been posted one or more times. Before locking this thread, a simple link to the original thread is required. After time, these locked threads should be deleted.TO BE NOTED AND DELETED IMMEDIATELY:
2) Posts that contain offensive words, swearing, or spam.
3) Threads containing personal attacks or insults.
4) Threads containing pornography, or sexual content.
5) Posts that contain racial or gender discrimination.
6) Threads that are created in the wrong section (please be warned).
7) Threads that do not have a solid first post, and are requesting everyone else to start it off.
(I'm sorry, but unless you are taking the time to make a good first post, it's going in the garbage)
8) Test threads.
BEING BLUNTLY CLEAR SO ALL CAN SEE IT
We will NOT tolerate spam posts outside of the CGN (Crazy Go Nuts) thread, which is located in this
board. People found spamming outside of the CGN thread are at risk of getting an Insta-Ban.
Welcome to the forums!
-Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum Staff UPDATES
Rule #11 Updated on 11/28/2004
Rule #11a Added on 11/28/2004
Policy #1 Added on 11/28/2004
Policy #2 Added on 11/28/2004
Guidelines #1 Added on 11/28/2004
Rule # 15 added 12/18/2004
Policy # 2 regarding probation modified on 1/28/04
Regarding Bans added 1/16/2006
Complete revision on 9/25/2005