Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Super Smash Bros. »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros.  (Read 125180 times)
SnD FrostEy
Duke of Dumbarton Bridge
Super Great Poster

Mmmm... gyros...

Super Smash Bros.
« on: January 28, 2007, 01:23:39 pm »

Hey, there.  I noticed that:

1. The Smash Bros Series topic is a bit of a zombie.  You Or Your Post Is Dead...
2. That there was a signifigant amount of discussion of SSBB (Super Smash Bros Brawl) in the Wii topic.

So, who's excited about the third Smash Bros? I sure am.  I heard that Wario, Samus w/o suit, maybe even Sonic the Hedgehog will be in the game!
« Last Edit: June 16, 2014, 05:04:20 pm by Depressio » Logged

A' might not be part of the Pie Armanda...rg.
<a href="http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf" target="_blank">http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf</a>
Mina, miteite kure.
PSN: sndfrosteyneko
Http://bison2winquote.tumblr.com
daBurninator
You've got red on you.
Super Mod

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl
« Reply #1 on: January 28, 2007, 01:30:21 pm »

The confirmed newbies are Wario, Zero Suit Samus, Metaknight, Pit and Snake. Sonic's just a character that many of the fans want in, at this point.

But, yeah, it looks awesome.
SnD FrostEy
Duke of Dumbarton Bridge
Super Great Poster

Mmmm... gyros...

« Reply #2 on: January 28, 2007, 02:01:42 pm »

Speaking of new characters, I found an article involving several requests for new characters in SSBB. Here's the link: Here! (Note: There's a bit of bad language. Alot of it censored, but still.)
Something that caught my eye was the idea for the "create your own character engine."
All of this is in the comment box of the article.
« Last Edit: January 28, 2007, 02:02:17 pm by Singin' & Dancin' Frosté » Logged

A' might not be part of the Pie Armanda...rg.
<a href="http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf" target="_blank">http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf</a>
Mina, miteite kure.
PSN: sndfrosteyneko
Http://bison2winquote.tumblr.com
PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2007, 09:54:19 pm »

Speaking of new characters, I found an article involving several requests for new characters in SSBB. Here's the link: Here! (Note: There's a bit of bad language. Alot of it censored, but still.)
Something that caught my eye was the idea for the "create your own character engine."
All of this is in the comment box of the article.
Well, a few people mentioned my other top picks for characters in SSBB besides Pit:  Blaziken and Leon Scott Kennedy.

That would be an AWEXOME fight.  Leon vs. Snake.
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2007, 03:21:39 pm »

I don't mind Snake, but Leon is going too far. We have enough humanoids and weapons already.

PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2007, 06:59:34 pm »

Leon is better than Snake.  Leon would be AWEXOME to see.  Knife and roundhouse kicks.
Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2007, 07:05:41 pm »

Snakes is teh win. Period.

And that's that.
potthole
Administrator

I'm a hottie!

« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2007, 07:31:42 pm »

Snakes is teh win. Period.

Agreed.  Wholeheartidly.

´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸¸.´¯`.¸ ><(((º>
0!
Cheatar
Super Great Poster

Franklin

« Reply #8 on: February 06, 2007, 09:35:17 pm »

I noticed that since in the last game there was Link & young Link, what would it be like if there was Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Link? Would TW Link have awesome wolf powers?

Which Link would be the best out of the four?

Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Ye not guilty

« Reply #9 on: February 06, 2007, 09:37:12 pm »

I noticed that since in the last game there was Link & young Link, what would it be like if there was Wind Waker Link and Twilight Princess Link? Would TW Link have awesome wolf powers?

Tomorrow Im gonna smack this kid IRL.

We have come to terms
Cheatar
Super Great Poster

Franklin

« Reply #10 on: February 07, 2007, 07:43:40 am »

There has been a lot of talk about making this game online, and Nintendo has been really confidential. Do you guys think it is online?

Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #11 on: February 07, 2007, 03:40:43 pm »

I avoid a simple "I disagree" whenever possible, so here is Luigi to express my feelings on the matter.

(The small waves of a calm, quiet ocean lap against a small stone structure a short distance from the beach. The structure is a temple of some sort, with a statue of an owl standing serenely. Nearby is a large stone rock with a lone palm tree, it’s branches wafting in the wind. A boat slowly pulls up, and three men step onto the structure. Two of the men look almost identical: they are adorned in green leather clothes, have light brown hair that falls over their eyes, and a look of joyous determination on their faces. Both have swords strapped across their backs, also identical. The third person fits almost the exact same description, yet he is only about half the size, and his face has a much younger, boyish look. The three people step to different areas of the structure.)

(Meanwhile, on the beach, two other figures are setting up a small stand. One is, as seems to be the fad, wearing a green outfit, though this man is a middle height compared to the others, and his face is covered by a dark mustache. His companion defies all modern laws and conventions of what a person should look like, resembling more a cotton ball drenched in Pepto Bismal, with small cones for arms and legs. The one in green pulls out a microphone, and looks directly at the camera.)

Luigi: Greetings! I’m-a Luigi, and I’m-a here with my companion Kirby to host a very a-special tournament hosted by-a the Super Smash a-Brothers! A question was-a raised: Who would win in a fight between four Links?  Adult Link, Young Link, Wind Walker Link or Twilight Princess Link? This was a controversial statement (the asker was even threatened to be assaulted!)

(Kirby waves his arms around.)

Luigi: What? Wind Waker? Is it Waker or Walker? No, I’m pretty sure I’m a-right. Don’t give-a me that look. Anyways. It appears one combatant has not yet...ah, here he comes!

(Another young-ish looking Link comes sailing at a high speed towards the temple, in a unique red boat with a lion-esque figure on the front. He begins screaming, apparently unable to stop the boat, and it crashes into the temple, the wooden frame breaking apart. Wind Waker or possibly Walker Link goes flying out of the boat, straight over the temple, and hits the water, plummeting downwards.)

Luigi: Goodness, that was a fast KO! Whatever game that Link was from must’ve been pretty disappointing!

(Kirby glares at him.)

Luigi: What? The announcer isn’t allowed to be biased? Says who? Ah! It appears that the first death has spurred the official beginning of the fight!

(The three remaining Links square off against each other. Young Link hops onto the rock beside the temple, while the two adults draw their swords and stare each other down. They charge, their weapons clashing, and drawing apart. They repeatedly attack, find each other an equal match, and disengage.)

Luigi: It appears that the two characters are almost identical! If I say so myself, we have enough duplicate characters…I mean, just look at-a Mario! He completely copied my moves!

(Kirby points back towards the arena.)

Luigi: What? Is something actually interesting happening? Oh, my! It appears that this Twilight Princess Link has a trick up his sleeve (aside from a ridiculously feminine name).

(Indeed, the Twilight Princess Link is shifting shape…morphing downwards into the form of a wolf. He growls, bearing his intimidating set of teeth at Adult Link. They glare at each other, Wolf Link biding his time, figuring he’s got this fight in the bag. Adult Link, however, pulls out his boomerang. Wolf Link stares at it, his eyes going wide. Adult Link waves the boomerang up and down, as Wolf Link follows it with his head, getting on his hind legs and yipping playfully. Adult Link throws the boomerang out over the water, where Wolf Link happily bounds after it, trying to play a game of fetch. As the boomerang curves back around to Adult Link, however, Wolf Link finds himself plummeting into the water.)

Luigi: A-hoo-hoo! Too bad these Links can’t talk, or I’m sure there’d be some witty bantering going on. I mean, I suppose they can grunt and yell, but that’s hardly good dialogue, eh Kirby?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating a seagull.)

Luigi: Yeah, you know what I’m-a talking about.

(The two remaining Links turn to face each other: Adult Link vs. Young Link.)

Luigi: And it comes down to this…the two links…that were in the game…anyway. Hmm, maybe this is a sign that that’s ENOUGH!? But hey, I’m-a just an announcer, no bias here!

(Suddenly the water begins to ripple, and an explosion of water blasts upwards. Wind Walker or possibly Waker Link floats in the air, his magical wind-guiding wand in his hand.)

Luigi: Oh goodness! It appears that with his completely non-sarcastically amazing power to guide the wind, this Link is still in the game!

(Wind Whatever Link continues rising in the air, an evil grin on his face. A seagull flies over to him and begins swooping around his head. Wind Link waves his arms around madly to shoo it off, which causes the wind to rapidly change speeds madly. Young Link grabs onto the palm tree and Adult Link clutches to the owl statue, but Wind Link does multiple flips and loops in the air, until he drops his wand. The wind dies down, sending Wind Link plummeting back into the water once again.)

Luigi: Hehheh, is it wrong that I would like him in the game just to beat the crap out of him?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating Epona.)

(The two remaining Links standing on opposite ends of the arena, they both draw their bow and arrows, taking careful aim at each other.)

Luigi: Ah, it has come down to a ranged a-battle! Here it would seem Young Link would have the upper hand, as his arrows set people on fire, and no one likes to be set on fire. Except maybe…nah, nobody.

(The two links squint at each other, pulling their bows tauter and tauter…preparing…building the tension…when suddenly the rock Young Link is on reveals itself to be an unnaturally large turtle, throws Young Link in the air, and chomps down on him.)

Young Link: !!!!

Luigi: Goodness! For a character who can’t speak, he sure has a dirty mouth! Although I can hardly a-blame him. What worse fate is there than getting eaten?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating Mewtwo [catchable without cheating].)

(Adult Link lowers his bow and arrow, shrugs, and raises his arms in triumph.)

Luigi: It appears Adult Link is the victor! Vaguely anticlimactic, but then, I am not completely surprised at this outcome. The moral of-a the story? Copy-cat characters are bad! Bad! Please, folks, boycott Mario in Brawl! Tell him to get his own moves! Mama mia!
Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy

We're the Guardians of the Galaxy

« Reply #12 on: February 07, 2007, 04:38:32 pm »

I avoid a simple "I disagree" whenever possible, so here is Luigi to express my feelings on the matter.

(The small waves of a calm, quiet ocean lap against a small stone structure a short distance from the beach. The structure is a temple of some sort, with a statue of an owl standing serenely. Nearby is a large stone rock with a lone palm tree, it’s branches wafting in the wind. A boat slowly pulls up, and three men step onto the structure. Two of the men look almost identical: they are adorned in green leather clothes, have light brown hair that falls over their eyes, and a look of joyous determination on their faces. Both have swords strapped across their backs, also identical. The third person fits almost the exact same description, yet he is only about half the size, and his face has a much younger, boyish look. The three people step to different areas of the structure.)

(Meanwhile, on the beach, two other figures are setting up a small stand. One is, as seems to be the fad, wearing a green outfit, though this man is a middle height compared to the others, and his face is covered by a dark mustache. His companion defies all modern laws and conventions of what a person should look like, resembling more a cotton ball drenched in Pepto Bismal, with small cones for arms and legs. The one in green pulls out a microphone, and looks directly at the camera.)

Luigi: Greetings! I’m-a Luigi, and I’m-a here with my companion Kirby to host a very a-special tournament hosted by-a the Super Smash a-Brothers! A question was-a raised: Who would win in a fight between four Links?  Adult Link, Young Link, Wind Walker Link or Twilight Princess Link? This was a controversial statement (the asker was even threatened to be assaulted!)

(Kirby waves his arms around.)

Luigi: What? Wind Waker? Is it Waker or Walker? No, I’m pretty sure I’m a-right. Don’t give-a me that look. Anyways. It appears one combatant has not yet...ah, here he comes!

(Another young-ish looking Link comes sailing at a high speed towards the temple, in a unique red boat with a lion-esque figure on the front. He begins screaming, apparently unable to stop the boat, and it crashes into the temple, the wooden frame breaking apart. Wind Waker or possibly Walker Link goes flying out of the boat, straight over the temple, and hits the water, plummeting downwards.)

Luigi: Goodness, that was a fast KO! Whatever game that Link was from must’ve been pretty disappointing!

(Kirby glares at him.)

Luigi: What? The announcer isn’t allowed to be biased? Says who? Ah! It appears that the first death has spurred the official beginning of the fight!

(The three remaining Links square off against each other. Young Link hops onto the rock beside the temple, while the two adults draw their swords and stare each other down. They charge, their weapons clashing, and drawing apart. They repeatedly attack, find each other an equal match, and disengage.)

Luigi: It appears that the two characters are almost identical! If I say so myself, we have enough duplicate characters…I mean, just look at-a Mario! He completely copied my moves!

(Kirby points back towards the arena.)

Luigi: What? Is something actually interesting happening? Oh, my! It appears that this Twilight Princess Link has a trick up his sleeve (aside from a ridiculously feminine name).

(Indeed, the Twilight Princess Link is shifting shape…morphing downwards into the form of a wolf. He growls, bearing his intimidating set of teeth at Adult Link. They glare at each other, Wolf Link biding his time, figuring he’s got this fight in the bag. Adult Link, however, pulls out his boomerang. Wolf Link stares at it, his eyes going wide. Adult Link waves the boomerang up and down, as Wolf Link follows it with his head, getting on his hind legs and yipping playfully. Adult Link throws the boomerang out over the water, where Wolf Link happily bounds after it, trying to play a game of fetch. As the boomerang curves back around to Adult Link, however, Wolf Link finds himself plummeting into the water.)

Luigi: A-hoo-hoo! Too bad these Links can’t talk, or I’m sure there’d be some witty bantering going on. I mean, I suppose they can grunt and yell, but that’s hardly good dialogue, eh Kirby?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating a seagull.)

(The two remaining Links turn to face each other: Adult Link vs. Young Link.)

Luigi: And it comes down to this…the two links…that were in the game…anyway. Hmm, maybe this is a sign that that’s ENOUGH!? But hey, I’m-a just an announcer, no bias here!

(Suddenly the water begins to ripple, and an explosion of water blasts upwards. Wind Walker or possibly Waker Link floats in the air, his magical wind-guiding wand in his hand.)

Luigi: Oh goodness! It appears that with his completely non-sarcastically amazing power to guide the wind, this Link is still in the game!

(Wind Whatever Link continues rising in the air, an evil grin on his face. A seagull flies over to him and begins swooping around his head. Wind Link waves his arms around madly to shoo it off, which causes the wind to rapidly change speeds madly. Young Link grabs onto the palm tree and Adult Link clutches to the owl statue, but Wind Link does multiple flips and loops in the air, until he drops his wand. The wind dies down, sending Wind Link plummeting back into the water once again.)

Luigi: Hehheh, is it wrong that I would like him in the game just to beat the crap out of him?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating Epona.)

(The two remaining Links standing on opposite ends of the arena, they both draw their bow and arrows, taking careful aim at each other.)

Luigi: Ah, it has come down to a ranged a-battle! Here it would seem Young Link would have the upper hand, as his arrows set people on fire, and no one likes to be set on fire. Except maybe…nah, nobody.

(The two links squint at each other, pulling their bows tauter and tauter…preparing…building the tension…when suddenly the rock Young Link is on reveals itself to be an unnaturally large turtle, throws Young Link in the air, and chomps down on him.)

Young Link: !!!!

Luigi: Goodness! For a character who can’t speak, he sure has a dirty mouth! Although I can hardly a-blame him. What worse fate is there than getting eaten?

(Kirby does not respond, as he is in the process of eating Mewtwo [catchable without cheating].)

(Adult Link lowers his bow and arrow, shrugs, and raises his arms in triumph.)

Luigi: It appears Adult Link is the victor! Vaguely anticlimactic, but then, I am not completely surprised at this outcome. The moral of-a the story? Copy-cat characters are bad! Bad! Please, folks, boycott Mario in Brawl! Tell him to get his own moves! Mama mia!

+1, once I can give one to you (don't remember giving you one in the past 24 hours, but w/e).

I will say, though, that while 4 Links could be done, and possibly very well done, I highly doubt all 4 will make it in. Twilight Princess Link would be a good choice for his ability to change into a wolf. It could be done like Zelda/Sheik for Melee. Adult Link from OoT would pretty much be the same, except his down-B would be bombs instead of changing to Wolf Form, and really, Wolf Form would be better than bombs. I highly doubt WW Link would make it in. So, if there's going to be two Links, I will guess it will be TP Link and Young Link. Whether that's Young Link from OoT or from MM, I couldn't say. Probably the same Link from Melee.

Before you know it, I'll always look the same, and Alexisonfire will be American
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #13 on: February 07, 2007, 07:06:52 pm »

Two Links was more than enough. If there are any more than two, (I prefer one, but whatever) The series is completely dead to me.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #14 on: February 07, 2007, 08:44:05 pm »

Two Links was more than enough. If there are any more than two, (I prefer one, but whatever) The series is completely dead to me.
I also believe that The Legend of Zelda series will die if they have a female link, the Metroid series will die if they don't let you use missiles, and the Kirby series will die if Kirby does not maintain the right shade of pink.
[/sarcasm]

Seriously, that would be a really stupid reason to give up on a series. It isn't a valid reason to quit playing the games if there are more.

I agree with you though, Two links is more than enough. Even though I use Young Link and he is one of my best characters, I object to him being in the game.

For Brawl, I'm hoping that they do one of three things: Have two Links, with one of them being with Twilight Princess style Link (which is all but confirmed by his look in the trailers) with a Sheik transformation ability to change into a wolf and Young Link, but more of a Wind Waker/Phantom Hourglass with a hint of Minish Cap than what he is now, complete with a revamped arsenal of moves OR Have Two links with the Twilight Princess Link with a different moves and weaponry and a seperate Midna/Wolf Link team.  OR Having just one Link, the one shown in the trailers.

I would like to see, however, Midna as a a playable character. She could be on the back of Link, and have them kind of as a team. She could be alone and have her own arsenal of moves. She could even be a Mewtwo clone, with more emphasis on the speed than the power (Think about it, it could work). It wouldn't be my first choice, but I think that since she was so predominant in Twilight Princess that she simply has to be in Brawl.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.