Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Super Smash Bros. »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  Super Smash Bros.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Super Smash Bros.  (Read 125183 times)
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

Re: Super Smash Bros Brawl
« Reply #15 on: February 07, 2007, 08:49:56 pm »

My above post was sarcasm for the most part, but Nintendo has been focusing on the Zelda series WAY too much lately. I enjoy the series very much, but this is just tiresome.

Cheatar
Super Great Poster

Franklin

« Reply #16 on: February 08, 2007, 06:50:30 pm »

My above post was sarcasm for the most part, but Nintendo has been focusing on the Zelda series WAY too much lately. I enjoy the series very much, but this is just tiresome.
What do you mean by tiresome?

Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #17 on: February 08, 2007, 09:17:56 pm »

My interesting character addition musts:

-Paper Mario
-Paula (Earthbound)
-Your Mii

Anyone else like the Mii idea? You could customize him, invent moves, or maybe it's just like that one character from Soul Calibur 2 who has a certain character's move per round (the name escapes me). Can your Mii beat my Mii? I'd say it's a good idea.

BHC's YTP of the... I dunno... of the 7 months?:
JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #18 on: February 08, 2007, 09:21:00 pm »

My interesting character addition musts:

-Paper Mario
-Paula (Earthbound)
-Your Mii

Anyone else like the Mii idea? You could customize him, invent moves, or maybe it's just like that one character from Soul Calibur 2 who has a certain character's move per round (the name escapes me). Can your Mii beat my Mii? I'd say it's a good idea.
You're thinking of Charade and Inferno.

The Mii idea is interesting, and I have seen it suggested before, but you have to keep in mind that miis come on all shapes and sizes, so Nintendo would have to do quite a bit of testing. If they don't appear as fighters, maybe they can be the new polygon team or just make a cameo here and there.

PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2007, 06:45:44 pm »

Create-A-Character Feature would be interesting.

I personally think, out of the third party character slots left to fill, one must go to Capcom.  Capcom gave Nintendo "console exclusivity" with a lot of their francisies for a time.  *coughResidentEvilcough*  Nintendo should repay the favor.  Leon Scott Kennedy seems to be the best choice, as he is my favorite Capcom protagonist.  Viewtiful Joe is also a good choice, as most of the Viewtiful Joe series except VJ2 were only on Nintendo consoles.  Megaman seems to be the most popular choice though, but whatever.  Leon's just way cooler than the other two.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2007, 06:46:05 pm by PokéHomsar » Logged
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2007, 07:12:11 pm »

Of those, though, Viewtiful Joe seems to me to be the only one that would bring something new to the table. Megaman would be pretty much like Samus, or perhaps a Samus/Kirby hybrid (with the ability to absorb other characters' abilities) and although I've know idea who Leon is, people seem to think he'd be too much like Snake. Viewtiful Joe, however, might prove interesting. As we saw from that trailer, each character seems to have their own "power-up" move, and I can picture his being either slowing down everything around him, or speeding up time, to beat someone into submission.
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Ye not guilty

« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2007, 07:44:56 pm »

A) When did Nintendo ever get Exclusive Resident Evil, aside from a couple months with Resident Evil 4?

B) Will everybody stop labeling Megaman a Samus clone? I see people do this all the time, but I still don't think there's any reason why. People just say this because they both rely on a chargeable energy attack. I mean, nobody calls Mewtwo a Samus clone.

We have come to terms
Conner
Rather Dashing

aquí o allí

« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2007, 07:49:02 pm »

A) When did Nintendo ever get Exclusive Resident Evil, aside from a couple months with Resident Evil 4?

B) Will everybody stop labeling Megaman a Samus clone? I see people do this all the time, but I still don't think there's any reason why. People just say this because they both rely on a chargeable energy attack. I mean, nobody calls Mewtwo a Samus clone.
I think Mewtwo is a Samus clone, like Gannondorf is a Caption Falcoln clone. I've just never had the chance to mention it.

They have both their benefits, but I don't like them, except Mewtwo with everyone is fun.
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2007, 08:41:57 pm »

I think Mewtwo is a Samus clone, like Gannondorf is a Caption Falcoln clone. I've just never had the chance to mention it.
You Or Your Post Is Dead...

We have come to terms
Little Sampson
The Burninator

I want to buy your money with some drugs

« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2007, 08:43:24 pm »

Mewtwo was way to freaking powerful.

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2007, 10:31:04 pm »

You Or Your Post Is Dead...
agreed.

You can't really consider Mewtwo a clone of samus. They have completely different abilities, except for the ability to charge their regular B attack. Sure, they are both beams of energy, but Mewtwo's doesn't go quite as fast, does a little more damage, isn't as big, moves in an awkward fashion and can attack characters during charging.

Plus, Mewtwo, Link/Young Link, Sheik, Pikachu/Pichu, etc. can charge their B attacks (although Pikachu's/Pichu's is a B over move).

Back when the trailer was shown at E3, Miyamoto was asked if there were going to be more non-nintendo characters in Brawl, how many, and what were the limitations. He said if they decided to more third-party characters, there would only be a few more other than snake (1-3 to be precise) , but they would have had appeared on a Nintendo console at one time or another.

Doesn't matter if they were exclusive or not, basically.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #26 on: February 10, 2007, 10:36:46 pm »

Doesn't matter if they were exclusive or not, basically.

I'm not saying they have to be exclusive to get into Brawl, I'm just challenging Pokehomsar's post.

We have come to terms
Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy

We're the Guardians of the Galaxy

« Reply #27 on: February 10, 2007, 10:39:53 pm »

Of those, though, Viewtiful Joe seems to me to be the only one that would bring something new to the table. Megaman would be pretty much like Samus, or perhaps a Samus/Kirby hybrid (with the ability to absorb other characters' abilities) and although I've know idea who Leon is, people seem to think he'd be too much like Snake. Viewtiful Joe, however, might prove interesting. As we saw from that trailer, each character seems to have their own "power-up" move, and I can picture his being either slowing down everything around him, or speeding up time, to beat someone into submission.

I totally agree. Megaman would be a Samus/Kirby clone and Leon would be pretty similar to Snake. I do think Capcom should get a character sometime, and I guess Viewtiful Joe would be a good one.

A: They had exclusive rights to the main Resident Evil Series with the re-release of Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 0, and then RE4 for a bit. They released the outbreak series on the PS2, and then that online RE game.

B: I can't speak too much on this because I haven't played Melee a lot.

Before you know it, I'll always look the same, and Alexisonfire will be American
Little Sampson
The Burninator

I want to buy your money with some drugs

« Reply #28 on: February 11, 2007, 07:20:59 am »

b]

[b]A: They had exclusive rights to the main Resident Evil Series with the re-release of Resident Evil 1, Resident Evil 0, and then RE4 for a bit. They released the outbreak series on the PS2, and then that online RE game.

I don't consider it exclusivity if the GCN gets a remake of a game that's been on PSX for ten years.

daBurninator
You've got red on you.
Super Mod

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2007, 08:28:52 am »

Honestly, I can't see how Megaman would be a clone.

Sure, his basic "charge up my gun" attack would be like Samus's, and he's probably have the ability to take other characters' powers, but that's only 2 pieces of him.

Every other attack could be different, and he definitly wouldn't jump like Kirby. I don't recall him ever having a large hammer or a spinning like a pinwheel in the air. Or turning into a rock...or becoming a fireball... So, that just leaves his Samus-like chargeable gun, and that alone doesn't make him a clone. By the way, doesn't Megaman get the enemies' abilities after he defeats them? That is completly different than Kirby's move. Kirby just hits B to suck someone up. Megaman might be able to switch between powers he's already acquired and his default gun, also, but Kirby can only use one until he gets rid of it.

But, I'm not saying that Mega's a better choice than Joe. I actually haven't played Viewtiful Joe and I've only played the old Megaman games a few times.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2007, 08:31:08 am by daBurninator » Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 127 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.