Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « World of Warcraft »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  World of Warcraft
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Down Print
Author Topic: World of Warcraft  (Read 15941 times)
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee
Medallion Gold Plus Member

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

Re: World of Warcraft
« Reply #15 on: March 11, 2007, 05:52:31 pm »

Um...  I find World of Warcraft to be the super nerd's game.  You know, the 35 year old fat, bald guy who works at Blockbuster, EB Games, or Walgreens and lives with his mom type?  That's probably a large part of the WoW gaming community.  There's also the RARE minority of "cool" and "popular" people who play it, bu that's an extremely small number.  There's also the casual and "semi-nerd" to nerd who may play the game.  In other words, I don't play this game.  I don't consider myself that big of a nerd.

I actually see the entire game as the opposite. Sure, there is a sizable amount of people who fit your "super-nerd" (usually the twink and the people who have a 70 Blood elf or Draenai), but no amount of super-nerds or gold farmers can fill the userbase that WoW has.

I actually know quite a few people who play the game who are the "GTA/Madden" casual type gamer and still play World of Warcraft. My cousin's boyfriend, for example, hardly ever plays video games (other than San Andreas and the original Super Mario Bros.) and has never touched a conventional RPG. That being said, last time I checked he participates actively one or two nights a week in a raid, has a few 60s, and has been playing World of Warcraft for nearly two years. And then you have to factor in that he knows like a dozen guys who also play who are also the "GTA/Madden" type gamer.

And you can usually tell who is what kind of gamer by the way they speak. A surprising amount of people are mature about the game and aren't just some "super-nerd" saying how much they pwn or some twelve year old who can't spell "you".

I have heard this said before and I wholeheartedly agree with it: World of Warcraft is the new Golf.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 05:53:15 pm by Alexisonfire » Logged

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #16 on: March 11, 2007, 06:45:36 pm »

Um...  I find World of Warcraft to be the super nerd's game.  You know, the 35 year old fat, bald guy who works at Blockbuster, EB Games, or Walgreens and lives with his mom type?  That's probably a large part of the WoW gaming community.  There's also the RARE minority of "cool" and "popular" people who play it, bu that's an extremely small number.  There's also the casual and "semi-nerd" to nerd who may play the game.  In other words, I don't play this game.  I don't consider myself that big of a nerd.

*looks at your avatar and avatar text*

*looks at your signature*

Yeah?
PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #17 on: March 11, 2007, 07:30:42 pm »

Let me be clear on this:  I am a FANBOY not a MEGA SUPER DUPER NERD.  There's a fine line between the two.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #18 on: March 11, 2007, 07:34:34 pm »

Let me be clear on this:  I am a FANBOY not a MEGA SUPER DUPER NERD.  There's a fine line between the two.
I don't know. I heard that MEGA SUPER DUPER NERDs don't know they are MEGA SUPER DUPER NERDs, so if you think you are a MEGA SUPER DUPER NERD you are actually sane. And if you think your sane and not a MEGA SUPER DUPER NERD, you may just be in denial of your own MEGA SUPER DUPER NERD-ity.

Or something like that.

Back on topic, who knows where the access to the Outland is? I just dinged 55 with my main and want to go check it out.
« Last Edit: March 11, 2007, 07:35:08 pm by Alexisonfire » Logged

Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

« Reply #19 on: March 11, 2007, 07:36:22 pm »

It's on the south edge of Blasted Lands. Is it 55 that you can get there, though, or 58? I thought it was the latter.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #20 on: March 11, 2007, 07:46:46 pm »

It's on the south edge of Blasted Lands. Is it 55 that you can get there, though, or 58? I thought it was the latter.
I think it's actually lower than that, as my brother has been to the outlands and he is only 53. Then again, he was ported there by a guildie, as he didn't know where the gates are either.

I did hear from someone in my guild that it was 55, but I haven't been able to confirm that.

Guardianjmt
Guardian of the Galaxy

We're the Guardians of the Galaxy

« Reply #21 on: March 12, 2007, 12:41:49 pm »

In other words, I don't play this game.  I don't consider myself that big of a nerd.

...says the guy that insists on creating a Mario and Zelda timeline.

This has always been a game that I've been interested in playing, but I don't have the money to pay to play this game, not to mention, I doubt my computer could handle it. Maybe if I took off Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory, which I really don't play any more.

Well, shoot, I might as well ask: how much does it cost? Specificically, per year?
« Last Edit: March 15, 2007, 03:58:41 pm by anakinjmt » Logged

Before you know it, I'll always look the same, and Alexisonfire will be American
scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

Whats Ya Gunna Do When Pastamania Runs Wild On You

« Reply #22 on: March 12, 2007, 01:00:38 pm »

Well, shoot, I might as well ask: how much does it cost? Specificically, per year?[/b]

It is $15 a month I know that for a fact. But there is also subscription plans you can get that save you a couple of dollars. You can also buy gamecards at EB Games for $30 that give you 2 months at a time which is how I pay for the game.

Heres a picture of my character.

I'm just going to completely disregard PokeHomsar's comment because it doesn't make any sense. How can one video game be more nerdy then any other its just a video game.
« Last Edit: March 12, 2007, 01:14:38 pm by scoobysnacks » Logged
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

« Reply #23 on: March 12, 2007, 01:10:19 pm »

Yeah, it varies slightly depending on how you choose to pay. If you go month by month, it's $15, but a 6-month plan lowers it to $12 per month, I believe.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #24 on: March 12, 2007, 05:29:11 pm »

Well, shoot, I might as well ask: how much does it cost? Specificically, per year?

It is actually cheaper to buy gamecards every month if you are Canadian. I did the math before I bought the game and even with the 6 month plan, it is still cheaper to go down to my wal-mart and buy a card every two months.

The game itself has dropped in price considerably since I bought it. I bought it for about $50 and now can find it for around $20 (rememeber, this is canadian).

If you are interested in playing the game, I would suggest that you go to a Best Buy or a Wal-mart and buy a demo of the game. These cost like $2 and give you i think two weeks (Although I'm not sure). Although there is some heavy restrictions on what you can do in that time.

And if you are just trying out the game, i wouldn't reccomend getting the expansion pack. The game will run perfectly fine on the original and the only things that you won't be able to do is make two of the new races (which isn't that big of a deal) or go to the new area in the game (which isn't going to even affect you in the first few months of playtime. Unless you play 24/7.)

You can also just go and buy a copy of the game if you are interested in it, considering how cheap it is. The game comes with an entire month free too, so if you don't like it in that time, you haven't needlessly spent your money

EDIT: This video answers the age old question that WoW players have been pondering: how many level ones do you need to take down Hogger, a level 11 elite? Only one way to find out...

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/3eUpAMiWvs0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/3eUpAMiWvs0</a>

And on a different note, I figured out that you can not pass to through the gate to the Outlands until you are level 58. Bummer.

EDIT 2: No double post for me!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/L7ItgczOQhg" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/L7ItgczOQhg</a>

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/9OL8IIMo3hs" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/9OL8IIMo3hs</a>
« Last Edit: March 20, 2007, 05:56:52 pm by Alexisonfire » Logged

scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

« Reply #25 on: January 20, 2009, 01:05:41 am »

I decided to revive this thread to see if anyone out there is still playing and how they are enjoying WotLK. I'm playing as an 80 rogue named Mcgriff on the Anvilmar server and enjoying the new raids and heroics. I think WotLK is a great expansion and I can't wait until the next one. So is anyone else out there still playing and if so what do you think of the new expansion?
Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

« Reply #26 on: January 20, 2009, 01:37:13 am »

I've been loving the expansion. Mostly because of how amazing Northrend is. Blizzard really went all out, the zone design is all beautiful and the quest content managed to be original and fun all the way through. I've been levelling up a Night Elf Warrior lately on the Moon Guard server (RP server lawl).
scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

« Reply #27 on: January 20, 2009, 11:47:20 am »

Wow my friend actually plays a level 70 blood elf on that server. I have a character there but I never actually play him. I mostly play on my human rogue because more of my friends are on the anvilmar server.
Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #28 on: April 14, 2009, 03:11:18 am »

scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

« Reply #29 on: April 14, 2009, 02:17:50 pm »

Yeah I watched that the other day it was so epic lol. I can't wait to play on the new patch just finished installing it just got to wait until my server gets back up.
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 ... 6 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.