Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (DELETED!) »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  In da Basement
| |-+  So Cool an Animation
| | |-+  Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (DELETED!)
Poll
Question: Do you like to say, "D'UUUH?!"
.. I do. - 8 (47.1%)
Ohhhh.. ya miss'd it good! - 1 (5.9%)
D'UUUHHH... - 1 (5.9%)
This was pretty great! - 4 (23.5%)
This redub was horribly unfunny. - 3 (17.6%)
I never like redubs! - 0 (0%)
Total Votes: 17

Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Print
Author Topic: Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (DELETED!)  (Read 7371 times)
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Ye not guilty

Re: Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (AM)
« Reply #15 on: June 30, 2007, 12:08:03 pm »

Yeah...  I saw that movie in theaters and was like:  HOLY COW!  IT'S FRODO!

Well, I have a question for HSRT.  What do you do to get special status like director, musician, comedian, etc.?  Some only have one video and have a special status.  What does it take?

This is a section on Youtube explaining the answers to many commonly asked questions.

What is the help section?

Correct!

How do I get a Director/Comedian/Musician/Guru account?

There are two ways to get a Director, Comedian, Musician, or Guru account:
1. Specify the type of account you'd like when you first sign up for a new account.
2. Go to the "Channel Info" section (http://www.youtube.com/my_profile) of your account and click on the "change channel type" link.

We have come to terms
PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #16 on: June 30, 2007, 06:17:26 pm »

Oh...  They changed how you become a director...
TheTire
Super Great Poster

Your face must die.

« Reply #17 on: June 30, 2007, 08:14:37 pm »

I'm not TheTire. I'm TheGuy.

Ah, nostalgia. I love you so.

I actually made this.
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2007, 11:17:00 pm »

First off, lemme say, "GREAT!" You did NOT miss it good! Super funny. Good use of circles.

Second, I just can't understand how YOUR youtube poop got 8,019 views in 20 days, while my most popular one only has 293 and it's been up since May 22. Then again, I see you used 20 mostly irrelevent tags to identify your poop, i.e. you, missed, it, nintendo.

I'm sure mine would be more popular if I put "playstation xbox nintendo wii sega mario sonic pokeNON yoga yogurt it is written only Link can defeat Ganon 42 grumble cakes homestar strong bad fun funny a b c d e f g h i j k l m n o p q r s t u v w x y z alphabet" as tags. But maybe people just find making fun of Pokemon is much funnier because inside they know it's mediocre.

It takes a true anti-fan of Pokemon to find all the faults in the first episode. I relinquish my title as the most anti-pokemon member on the forum. And I won't take no for an answer!

* Burled Holiday Cabbage bows to you.

BHC's YTP of the... I dunno... of the 7 months?:
JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2007, 11:39:30 pm »

How is this a youtube poop? Like at all?

We have come to terms
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2007, 11:56:04 pm »

Cough... cough cough... I saw this in the caption on youtube

"5 days ago, on June 6th, Garratt, one of my friends, kept pressing me to make a YouTube Poop, (I hate those things to death) so I decided on.. NOT making one, but on making a redubbed and abridged version of Pokémon, ala LittleKuriboh. Thus came this 11 (or so)-minute beaut'. Hope you enjoy!"

I really gotta stop reading only the first 20 words of something... Uhh, but they're similar in a way. The basic principle is that it makes fun of the subject. So it's not splicing the clips around, it's still poop-esque. So I guess redubs are more popular than poops. Sorry for the mix-up.  I'll find a way to make up for it... heh heh heh... Smiley
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 12:05:56 am by Burled Holiday Cabbage » Logged

JFK Has A Peculiar Knowledge Of The Future - Me. No really bad words, but some adult language and situations.
PokéHomsar
Celebrity Pharmacist

Banned.

« Reply #21 on: July 01, 2007, 03:25:58 pm »

But BHC, imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery...  The Pokemon games, at least all of the true Pokemon Version games, have all rocked.  The anime was very good in the beginning, started to decline in the middle of the Johto region (WAY too many fillers,) steadily declined in the Hoenn region, and then crashed and burned at rock bottom once they replaced all the voices of the major characters...  I don't mean changing the voice actor but it still sounds mostly the same sort of deal.  I'm talking about full on who are these people kind of scenerio.  If I were blind and somebody told me that the Battle Frontier saga was Pokemon, I wouldn't believe them.  I only watched one episode of the Battle Frontier saga...

I stopped watching Pokemon regularly at about the third badge in the Hoenn region...  Stopped watching completely at about, uh, I don't know...  There was so much filler...  They probably went to some extra 100 places that were never in the actual games just between the badge cities...  Like between the Goldenrod and Ecrytek (the Ghost Gym) badges in Johto...  They put an entire season between those two cities...  Of all the ones to do that for, too.  In the games, all that separated those two cities was a gate building...  I just didn't understand that...  They didn't even catch many Pokemon in that big filler gap either...
« Last Edit: July 01, 2007, 03:26:53 pm by PokéHomsar » Logged
ACPigeon
VCbidaou
Super Mod

suddenly seymour BUTTS

« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2007, 08:30:59 pm »

"The Abridged Movie" is kinda like a youtube poop (although I'm sure HSRT would disagree), but I'm pretty sure that's not what BHC was talking about so... discard this last comment.

These are really hilarious. Great jobs.

Well well... maybe it was professor Softcastle McCormick. Wink wink, Harry. Wink wink.
Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #23 on: July 01, 2007, 10:26:35 pm »

But BHC, imitation is the most sincerest form of flattery...  The Pokemon games, at least all of the true Pokemon Version games, have all rocked.  The anime was very good in the beginning, started to decline in the middle of the Johto region (WAY too many fillers,) steadily declined in the Hoenn region, and then crashed and burned at rock bottom once they replaced all the voices of the major characters...  I don't mean changing the voice actor but it still sounds mostly the same sort of deal.  I'm talking about full on who are these people kind of scenerio.  If I were blind and somebody told me that the Battle Frontier saga was Pokemon, I wouldn't believe them.  I only watched one episode of the Battle Frontier saga...

I stopped watching Pokemon regularly at about the third badge in the Hoenn region...  Stopped watching completely at about, uh, I don't know...  There was so much filler...  They probably went to some extra 100 places that were never in the actual games just between the badge cities...  Like between the Goldenrod and Ecrytek (the Ghost Gym) badges in Johto...  They put an entire season between those two cities...  Of all the ones to do that for, too.  In the games, all that separated those two cities was a gate building...  I just didn't understand that...  They didn't even catch many Pokemon in that big filler gap either...

What did BHC say that sounded like "explain to me your opinion on pokemon as an anime"?

We have come to terms
Burled Holiday Cabbage
Bhe Turninator
The Burninator

« Reply #24 on: July 04, 2007, 01:48:50 pm »

Sorry for the mix-up.  I'll find a way to make up for it... heh heh heh... Smiley

Well, I kept my promise. Here it is... I youtube poop'd your redub! Why? Well, I know how much you love youtube poops!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/0ggwBGfBQdM" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/0ggwBGfBQdM</a>

You have NO idea how annoying this was to make... but it's done now, so yeah.

HomeStarRunnerTron
Two More Eggs
Super Mod

Two more eggs.

Re: Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (AM 2 of 2)
« Reply #25 on: July 05, 2007, 02:43:23 pm »

Burled Holiday.. that was, and I'm sure I'm super uber absolutely biased, but that was the absolute best and least annoying Poop I've ever seen! Hooray!

"RIIGHTY TIGHTY!"
"If you need instructions on how to make the perfect pirate, check out the enclosed instruction book. Then add a little GameBoy!"
"Ya missed it, times 25"
"*headbanging by Professor Oak and troupe*"
"So skibaddlydoo! -- Skibaddlydoo!"
"Cough cough cough *mixed*"
"*Pidgey loop*"
"Garblegarblegarble."
"I wanna dub with spaghetti zest!"
"You gotta rub all the floors in Hyrule."

Thank you very much! I guess it's fun to see your own stuff semi-demi-mutilated. *adds it to Abridged Series playlist*

Oh, and here's the deleted other half of the Abridged Movie!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YSuM5R62Y" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/s-YSuM5R62Y</a>

Enjoy! - - Oh, and sorry for not responding to anyone's comments on here, it's SO hard responding to YouTube comments as it is. Tongue Heheheh. Your comments are the bombinest, though!
« Last Edit: July 05, 2007, 02:44:29 pm by HomeStarRunnerTron » Logged

HomeStarRunnerTron
Two More Eggs
Super Mod

Two more eggs.

Re: Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (DELETED!)
« Reply #26 on: July 28, 2007, 12:50:05 am »

... oh, dear, just as feared, YouTube caught up with me. The 2nd part of episode 1 is deleted, for "terms of use violation". Sooo, I'll have to host it on my website now or risk being suspended! Here's a video about it! And it's good, right, Steve?!

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqscstio9BE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/Bqscstio9BE</a>

The Dark One
Custom Title

I SAY

Re: Pokémon, The Abridged Series Thread (DELETED!)
« Reply #27 on: July 28, 2007, 06:57:13 pm »

Aw. That sucks. The video about it was hilarious.

Signature
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.