Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Rock Band »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  Rock Band
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Band  (Read 53377 times)
Sonicface.jpg
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Rock Band
« on: July 12, 2007, 08:16:01 pm »

Rock Band

Platforms: PS3, 360 (Wii version heavily rumored)

Videos:

http://www.gametrailers.com/player/usermovies/79994.html
http://www.gametrailers.com/player/21415.html

Description:

Developed by Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, Rock Band™ is an all-new platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to rock in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time – as a solo superstar or as part of a hard rocking band.

Rock Band™ delivers four music games in one – challenging rockers to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals or play collectively as a whole. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band™ spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.

Rock Band™ will be igniting audiences on the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system in Holiday 2007.

Songs (40 licensed total):

Mississpi Queen - Mountain
Wont Get Fooled Again - The Who
Say it Aint So - Weezer
In Bloom - Nirvana
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Dont Fear the Reaper - BOC
Main Offender - The Hives
Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
Reptilia - The Strokes
Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Tom Saywer - Rush
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters

*Bold Indicates Master

Downlaodable Content:

- Full Whos Next Album by The Who which consists of

"Baba O' Riley"
      "Bargain"
      "Love Ain't for Keepin'"
      "My Wife"
      "The Song Is Over"
      "Getting in Tune"
      "Going Movile"
      "Behind Blue Eyes"

- Metallica Songs

Rumored Songs:

Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
An AC/DC song
A Queen song
A Smashing Pumpkins song
A Led Zeppelin song

Modes:

Master the basics! No need for experience. Pick your weapon of choice and ascend from beginner to rock god using Rock Band’s Tutorial Mode.

Perfect your tune! Breakdown any part of any song at your preferred speed with Rock Band’s Practice Mode.

Instant fix of fun! Jump into any unlocked song for some quick jam time either on your own or with other players with Rock Band’s Quickplay Mode.

Take it on the road! Pack up your instrument of choice and set out on the open road for a fun and challenging single player career mode with Rock Band’s Solo Tour Mode.

Conquer the world! Live the ultimate rock band lifestyle when you form a band locally or online and set out on tour. The journey to rock stardom takes you from small town bars to world-renowned venues. Earn fame and fortune along the way to secure rock star necessities with Rock Band’s Band World Tour Mode.

- Will feature full support for four player online play on both 360 and PS3. Any combination of on/offline play will work and each player can pick their own difficulty setting.

- Flexible community system will allow you to find bandmates anywhere in the world

- There will be a way for you to share your band's triumphs with the world, but the details are still under wraps.

- Hundreds of downloadable songs are planned for the first year

- Musical fret-boards are now transparent so you can see more of the background visuals. Guitar is on the left or right side of the screen, Bass on the left or right and drums down the middle. Vocals scroll from right to left along the top of the screen.

- Notes are now a rectangular shape

Guitar/Bass

- Guitars and Bass now have 10 frets. 5 for the regular sections of the game and 5 for the newly designated solo sections.

- Whammy bar is back as is the tilt to activate rock band's version of star power

- there is a five way switch on the guitar that allows for 5 different self-applied effects to the sound.

- Bass players will have a x6 multiplyer

- Xplorer guitars will work for 360 owners

Mic

- Singing is now more in depth. There is a phoneme detector that will pick up individual vowels and consonants you say. Build up enough highly judged phrases and you'll be able to sing free-form. If you do well enough in free-form, then you'll trigger the vocalist's version of star power.

- Microphone doubles as a rythmn instrument such as a cowbell in Mississippi Queen and Dont Fear the Reaper

- Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity.

- Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band’s freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance.

Drums

- Drums have 4 coloured pads and a kick pedal, which is displayed on screen as an ornage line

- If you play drums in this game on hard or expert, then you're really playing the drums. Apparently you could sit down at a real set and play the same songs.

- A set of real wooden drum sticks will ship with the unit.

- A piece of the stand can be taken off so that the unit can sit lower, or on a coffee table.

- Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band’s freestyle drum fill windows featured in each song.

Rocking Multiplayer:

- Band mates can fail out of a song for poor performance, but the band still plays on. Rescue your failing mate by busting out signature moves and blistering solos to wow the crowd with showmanship.

- If all bandmates can reach the end of a song, you'll be greeted with one huge free-form jam session.

- Earn bonus points for your band during Rock Band’s Unison Phrase opportunities if everyone plays perfectly. A single mistake blows the phrase for everyone.

Characters:

- There will be a character creation system, and you can create multiple avatars that play different instruments.

- Four themed clothing stores in addition to licensed guitars and pedals and other rock paraphernalia.

- A full set of mo-cap stage movements have been added for each instrument. You can decide whether your vocalist moves like Axel Rose, or stands his ground like Clapton.

- You'll be able to craft your own band logo

Venues:

- 40 performance venues planned

(more in next post)
« Last Edit: May 12, 2009, 08:00:37 pm by Sonic the . » Logged

Sonicface.jpg

Re: Rock Band
« Reply #1 on: July 12, 2007, 08:20:29 pm »

SANTA CLARA, Calif.--The Battle of the Bands is officially on. Yesterday, the Neversoft-developed Guitar Hero III revealed the python-enthused former Guns N' Roses fretter Slash would rock on a variety of unlockable guitars. Today, original Guitar Hero developer Harmonix fired back with the announcement that it will offer not just hit singles for gamers to play, but entire full-length albums from multiple labels.

The first band to receive the digital conversion will be classic British rockers The Who. Gamers will be able to form a virtual cover band playing guitar, hitting the drums, and singing along to the band's widely acclaimed 1971 album Who's Next. The album should hit soon after the game's release this fall, with new content planned on a weekly basis. For those a bit rusty on their classic rock, the full track list for the album follows:

The Who's Who's Next
: "Baba O' Riley"
"Bargain"
"Love Ain't for Keepin'"
"My Wife (Entwistle)"
"The Song Is Over"
"Getting in Tune"
"Going Movile"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
"Won't Get Fooled Again"

Harmonix also announced the first 15 songs from the retail edition of Rock Band. A glance at the list reveals a wide array of rock subgenres and decades represented, from David Bowie and Black Sabbath to The Hives and The Strokes. The first 15 songs from Rock Band are listed below, with the new songs in bold:

Artist - Song (asterisk indicates a cover version of a song): The Who - "Won't Get Fooled Again"
Mountain - "Mississippi Queen"*
David Bowie - "Suffragette City"
Black Sabbath - "Paranoid"*
Blue Oyster Cult - "Don't Fear the Reaper"
The Ramones - "Rockaway Beach”
Rush - "Tom Sawyer"*
Bon Jovi - "Wanted Dead or Alive"
Nirvana - "In Bloom"
Stone Temple Pilots - "Vasoline"
Weezer - "Say It Ain't So"
Foo Fighters - “Learn to Fly”
The Hives - "Main Offender"
The Strokes - "Reptilia"
Queens of the Stone Age - "Go With the Flow"

All I can say is "Wow."

This game looks enormous compared to Guitar Hero. And the DLC every week (even though that's probably a ploy) and full album downloads pretty much eliminates the need for sequels. If they can pull it off, this game will be incredible.

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #2 on: July 12, 2007, 08:30:56 pm »

All I can say is the demonstration at the Microsoft presentation made me want to kill myself.

And that's that.
Homestar Gunner
Dangeresque

:D

« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2007, 11:14:14 pm »

All I can say is the demonstration at the Microsoft presentation made me want to kill myself.

"THIS IS MYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MAIN OFFEN*pause*"

h5 Peter Moore

Floyd Pinkerton
New Age Retro Hippy
Celebrity Pharmacist

Rise and Shine.

« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2007, 11:15:46 pm »

"THIS IS MYYYYYYYYYYYYY

MAIN OFFEN*pause*"

h5 Peter Moore

OMG U PULLED TEH PETER MOORES!!!!

But I honestly cannot wait for this game. Learn to Fly, In Bloom, Tom Sawyer, and Who's next=insta-win
« Last Edit: July 12, 2007, 11:16:28 pm by Floyd Pinkerton » Logged

Little Sampson
The Burninator

I want to buy your money with some drugs

« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2007, 11:28:26 pm »

OMG U PULLED TEH PETER MOORES!!!!

Wow, I just watched that. This is why Peter Moore should stick to talking.

Valiant
MLGezus!
Dangeresque

ZOMG I have the reconzzz chestplate.

« Reply #6 on: July 13, 2007, 12:41:09 pm »

Does anyone think that if they use a song in this game that it won't be able to be used in GHIII i.e. Metallicas Enter Sandman?

Member of the Pie Armada.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #7 on: July 16, 2007, 08:15:06 am »

Probably.

I seriously doubt the same song will get in both games.

But why would either of them want Enter Sandman? That's the most generic and one of the least challenging Metallica songs you could get. Hopefully the downloads for that band will be better.

ET
Winner: Member Survivor: BHZ Edition
Totally Awexome Member

So zetta slow!

« Reply #8 on: July 16, 2007, 08:25:21 pm »

So guys.  It's been confirmed that you can make your own band logo and (if your band gets good enough) you can sell virtual T-shirts and stuff with the logo on it.  We should make BHZ logos and completely rule the game. 

By the way, I'm confused about "Don't Fear the Reaper" being in the game.  There is no cowbell peripheral, and that song is all about the cowbell.

Valiant
MLGezus!
Dangeresque

ZOMG I have the reconzzz chestplate.

« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2007, 11:52:32 am »

So guys.  It's been confirmed that you can make your own band logo and (if your band gets good enough) you can sell virtual T-shirts and stuff with the logo on it.  We should make BHZ logos and completely rule the game. 

By the way, I'm confused about "Don't Fear the Reaper" being in the game.  There is no cowbell peripheral, and that song is all about the cowbell.
Please read for the cowbell.

Rock Band's microphone instrument will be similar to the Singstar and Karaoke Revolution games. According to an article in Game Informer, "Vocalists sing along to the rock tunes as they always have. Additionally, a phoneme detector will pick up the individual vowels and consonants."[9] The microphone can also be used as a tambourine and cowbell when there are no vocals. The drum controller is similar to the DrumMania arcade game, and will be based on striking one of 4 foam pads, representing the snare drum, tom-tom, hi-hat, and crash/ride cymbals. The set will also feature a kick pedal for bass drum and will ship with a pair of authentic drumsticks. Harmonix has stated that if players can master the drum peripheral on hard difficulty, they will be able to play the instrument in reality.[7]

Member of the Pie Armada.

SnD FrostEy
Duke of Dumbarton Bridge
Super Great Poster

Mmmm... gyros...

« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2007, 09:47:45 am »

I have a friend who's reeaally excited about this game.  I saw a few clips.  T'was amazing.

A' might not be part of the Pie Armanda...rg.
<a href="http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf" target="_blank">http://www.frostey.net/Sigs/Sig2.swf</a>
Mina, miteite kure.
PSN: sndfrosteyneko
Http://bison2winquote.tumblr.com
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2007, 06:19:40 pm »

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6177102.html?om_act=convert&om_clk=morenews&tag=morenews;title;2

LEIPZIG, Germany--Previously confirmed for the PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, Harmonix announced today that Rock Band will be coming to the venerable PlayStation 2 platform. The PS2 version of the game will feature "many" of the modes of the 360 and PS3 games, and will also incorporate some all-new gameplay elements.

European versions of Rock Band will also be getting localised content for the different countries in the region, both downloadable and on-disc.

The following 10 songs were also announced for Rock Band, and all will be original versions:

Rolling Stones -- "Gimme Shelter"
Deep Purple -- "Highway Star"
The Clash -- "Should I Stay or Should I Go"
Faith No More -- "Epic"
Smashing Pumpkins -- "Cherub Rock"
Radiohead -- "Creep"
Beastie Boys -- "Sabotage"
Jet -- "Are You Gonna Be My Girl"”
OK Go -- "Here It Goes Again"
Nine Inch Nails -- "The Hand That Feeds"

Rock Band's on-disc lineup now totals 26 tracks, including Metallica's "Enter Sandman," Nirvana's "In Bloom," and Bon Jovi's "Wanted Dead Or Alive."

The game is scheduled for release in the US on the Xbox 360 and PS3 in the 2007 holiday season, and it is meant to be available across Europe from early 2008. For more on the game, check out GameSpot's preview.

Gameplay videos: http://www.gamepro.com/microsoft/xbox360/games/previews/130408.shtml

HOLY CRAP.
Highway Star is my favorite song of all time. I've wanted it in Guitar Hero or Rock Band since they were first announced. This announcement definitely sold the game for me.
And Epic is my second favorite song. That's pretty neat too.  Grin

Roger Smith
Cast in the name of God

Ye not guilty

« Reply #12 on: August 23, 2007, 06:00:44 am »

Dibs on Drums

We have come to terms
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #13 on: August 26, 2007, 07:04:11 pm »

Here's some new(ish) gameplay videos:

Don't Fear The Reaper (drum battle): http://www.gamevideos.com/video/id/14267
more Drum Battle stuff (starts at 33 min. in): http://www.gamespot.com/video/933104/6177615/videoplayerpop?rgroup=pax07_videos

Highway Star: http://youtube.com/watch?v=BZVqjhtojzc
Tom Saywer: http://youtube.com/watch?v=2yZBl_5HSJI
Are You Gonna Be My Girl: http://youtube.com/watch?v=Ezzg3q8tZTY
Epic: http://youtube.com/watch?v=The5G4zchyo
Here It Goes Again: http://youtube.com/watch?v=N0b3QQjFUEI

The drum battles look awesome.
And get ready to fail Tom Saywer 100+ times on drums...that looks crazy.

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #14 on: August 26, 2007, 07:21:48 pm »

Gimme Shelter? Buy.

And that's that.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.