Platforms: PS3, 360 (Wii version heavily rumored)
Developed by Harmonix, the leading developer of music-based games, Rock Band™ is an all-new platform for gamers to experience music, giving players the chance to rock in the shoes of the biggest guitarists, bassists, drummers and singers of all time – as a solo superstar or as part of a hard rocking band.
Rock Band™ delivers four music games in one – challenging rockers to master lead/bass guitar, drums and vocals or play collectively as a whole. Built on unprecedented deals with top record labels and music publishers, the music featured in Rock Band™ spans all genres of rock and includes many master recordings from legendary artists.
Rock Band™ will be igniting audiences on the Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system and the PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system in Holiday 2007.
Songs (40 licensed total):
Mississpi Queen - Mountain
Wont Get Fooled Again - The Who
Say it Aint So - Weezer
In Bloom - Nirvana
Suffragette City - David Bowie
Paranoid - Black Sabbath
Dont Fear the Reaper - BOC
Main Offender - The Hives
Rockaway Beach - The Ramones
Reptilia - The Strokes
Go with the Flow - Queens of the Stone Age
Wanted Dead or Alive - Bon Jovi
Tom Saywer - Rush
Enter Sandman - Metallica
Vasoline - Stone Temple Pilots
Learn to Fly - Foo Fighters
*Bold Indicates Master
- Full Whos Next Album by The Who which consists of
"Baba O' Riley"
"Love Ain't for Keepin'"
"The Song Is Over"
"Getting in Tune"
"Behind Blue Eyes"
- Metallica Songs
Sweet Home Alabama - Lynyrd Skynyrd
An AC/DC song
A Queen song
A Smashing Pumpkins song
A Led Zeppelin song
Master the basics! No need for experience. Pick your weapon of choice and ascend from beginner to rock god using Rock Band’s Tutorial Mode.
Perfect your tune! Breakdown any part of any song at your preferred speed with Rock Band’s Practice Mode.
Instant fix of fun! Jump into any unlocked song for some quick jam time either on your own or with other players with Rock Band’s Quickplay Mode.
Take it on the road! Pack up your instrument of choice and set out on the open road for a fun and challenging single player career mode with Rock Band’s Solo Tour Mode.
Conquer the world! Live the ultimate rock band lifestyle when you form a band locally or online and set out on tour. The journey to rock stardom takes you from small town bars to world-renowned venues. Earn fame and fortune along the way to secure rock star necessities with Rock Band’s Band World Tour Mode.
- Will feature full support for four player online play on both 360 and PS3. Any combination of on/offline play will work and each player can pick their own difficulty setting.
- Flexible community system will allow you to find bandmates anywhere in the world
- There will be a way for you to share your band's triumphs with the world, but the details are still under wraps.
- Hundreds of downloadable songs are planned for the first year
- Musical fret-boards are now transparent so you can see more of the background visuals. Guitar is on the left or right side of the screen, Bass on the left or right and drums down the middle. Vocals scroll from right to left along the top of the screen.
- Notes are now a rectangular shape
- Guitars and Bass now have 10 frets. 5 for the regular sections of the game and 5 for the newly designated solo sections.
- Whammy bar is back as is the tilt to activate rock band's version of star power
- there is a five way switch on the guitar that allows for 5 different self-applied effects to the sound.
- Bass players will have a x6 multiplyer
- Xplorer guitars will work for 360 owners
- Singing is now more in depth. There is a phoneme detector that will pick up individual vowels and consonants you say. Build up enough highly judged phrases and you'll be able to sing free-form. If you do well enough in free-form, then you'll trigger the vocalist's version of star power.
- Microphone doubles as a rythmn instrument such as a cowbell in Mississippi Queen and Dont Fear the Reaper
- Other USB mics will be supported, but Harmonix will probably NOT allow the use of the 360 headset due to its low fidelity.
- Vocalists can bring the crowd to their feet during Rock Band’s freestyle vocal fill windows. Ad-lib your own words or shout to the crowd to raise the rock intensity of the performance.
- Drums have 4 coloured pads and a kick pedal, which is displayed on screen as an ornage line
- If you play drums in this game on hard or expert, then you're really playing the drums. Apparently you could sit down at a real set and play the same songs.
- A set of real wooden drum sticks will ship with the unit.
- A piece of the stand can be taken off so that the unit can sit lower, or on a coffee table.
- Showcase a real drum solo with Rock Band’s freestyle drum fill windows featured in each song.
- Band mates can fail out of a song for poor performance, but the band still plays on. Rescue your failing mate by busting out signature moves and blistering solos to wow the crowd with showmanship.
- If all bandmates can reach the end of a song, you'll be greeted with one huge free-form jam session.
- Earn bonus points for your band during Rock Band’s Unison Phrase opportunities if everyone plays perfectly. A single mistake blows the phrase for everyone.
- There will be a character creation system, and you can create multiple avatars that play different instruments.
- Four themed clothing stores in addition to licensed guitars and pedals and other rock paraphernalia.
- A full set of mo-cap stage movements have been added for each instrument. You can decide whether your vocalist moves like Axel Rose, or stands his ground like Clapton.
- You'll be able to craft your own band logo
- 40 performance venues planned