Burning Horizon's Homestar Runner Fan-Forum
"...for good, or for awesome..."

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Home Chat Help Search Login Register
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum « Rock Band »

+  Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum
|-+  Historic Over There
| |-+  Videro Games
| | |-+  Rock Band
Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Down Print
Author Topic: Rock Band  (Read 50736 times)
Sonicface.jpg
Medallion Gold Plus Member

Re: Rock Band
« Reply #570 on: April 29, 2011, 11:30:52 am »

Available on Xbox 360, Wii, and PlayStation 3* May 3

Culture Club – “Do You Really Want to Hurt Me”
    Faith No More – “From Out of Nowhere”
    Loverboy – “Working for the Weekend” X
    Phish – “Stash” X
    Phish – “Tweezer”
    Stone Temple Pilots – “Big Bang Baby” X

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 for $1.99 each, and Wii for $2.00. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song. For more information about Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades, visit our support section. Rock Band 3 Pro Mode requires Rock Band Pro-compatible instrument controllers.

They're really on a roll with these weeks of single songs. I'm definitely getting Faith No More, Culture Club, and Loverboy.

Depressio
BHZ Lifetime Achievement Award
Super Mod

« Reply #571 on: April 29, 2011, 02:40:32 pm »

I have so much STP DLC. I'm not even that big of a fan of the band, but they keep releasing awesome songs. I'll be getting Big Bang Baby along with probably Working for the Weekend and maybe From Out of Nowhere because that's a really good song.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #572 on: June 09, 2011, 01:54:06 pm »

Bummer.

Well that was quick. After nearly a year to the day that this revolutionary peripheral was unveiled, it is now being discontinued.

I had a few people overseas send me a heads up a few weeks ago that according to their local retailers, the Rock Band 3 Squier was unavailable to order as it was discontinued. I made a note to follow up on this, but it looks like someone on the RockBand.com forums did the heavy lifting for me. Forum user “Zubazz” contacted Fender directly to inquire about the Squier availability after running in to a similar situation, and was told that the hybrid guitar is being discontinued.

I contacted Fender first thing this morning to corroborate this, and unfortunately was indeed told the same thing. Basically, what that means is that when the current stock of Squiers out there is exhausted, that’s it. So if you have one already, consider yourself lucky, because it seems like if you didn’t get in on the pre-sale, many people never even got a chance to snag one.

Obviously the abandonment of the marquis instrument of Rock Band 3′s Pro mode is not good news. As far as I know, the Mustang Pro Guitar is still available, but after playing on a Squier, it’s tough to go back to the Mustang. Feel free to vent in the comments…
« Last Edit: June 09, 2011, 01:55:42 pm by zXS1ckR3e@pzXz » Logged

Alexisonfire
They're Back Baybee

RIP Ryan Davis 1979-2013

« Reply #573 on: June 09, 2011, 02:08:55 pm »

Battle of Lil' Slugger  (Super Meat Boy) on RBN.

Positive Force and Pressure Cooker (VVVVVV) have been on for a few weeks.

"Mr. Bones Says The Ride Never Ends."
[Exeunt, Pursued By Bear]
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #574 on: June 10, 2011, 08:57:34 am »

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 14):

• A-Ha – “Take On Me” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Unholy Confessions” X
• Avenged Sevenfold – “Welcome to the Family”
• Chumbawamba – “Tubthumping”
• Live – “I Alone” X
• Live – “Lightning Crashes”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 15)

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

If I had a quarter for every time I listened to Unholy Confessions in high school, and a quarter for every time I listened to Tubthumping in middle school, I would use those quarters to buy this DLC.

Here's "Tubthumping" for your "Oh, THAT song!" moment of the week.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/2H5uWRjFsGc" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/2H5uWRjFsGc</a>

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #575 on: February 18, 2013, 02:33:19 pm »

April 2 will officially be the last week of Rock Band DLC, ending Harmonix's 275 week streak.

It's a little bittersweet for me. I've spent thousands of dollars on Rock Band when I look at my instruments, disc releases, and extra songs. So many songs. I've spent more money on downloadable songs for Rock Band games than physical albums. It's because playing Rock Band is a new way to interact with music, and I love listening to music. Listening to music is okay, but playing songs I like in Rock Band is... Music+ (You can have that trademark, Harmonix)

I couldn't even count the amount of bands I discovered through spontaneous Rock Band purchases. There was also that awesome time where I drank a truly unhealthy amount of Pepsi over one summer because each cap contained a code for a free Rock Band song. I also dug through recycling bins at work to get unused caps. Good times.

So, I'm a little sad to see it end. I'm also glad that I can finally catch up and OWN ALL OF IT FOREVER.  Evil Grin

Who wants to drink these Pepsis with me?

Depressio
Super Mod

« Reply #576 on: February 18, 2013, 03:59:56 pm »

I'm really going to miss checking the RB site on Fridays to check out the next batch of DLC. I love Rock Band.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #577 on: January 12, 2015, 07:15:20 pm »

Remember when Rock Band DLC was over?

They're back.

After 21 months some new downloadable content is coming to Rock Band. Is this just a one night only reunion? Resuming business as usual? A new, karaoke style game where you pay to rent songs for a few hours?

Whatever it is, I'm glad they're back.

Deputy Laser Action
Thomas Pynchon
Celebrity Pharmacist

You have a son and it is me.

« Reply #578 on: January 13, 2015, 05:55:43 pm »

If this ever leads to Bowie tracks from The Next Day then I'm sold.

And that's that.
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #579 on: March 05, 2015, 07:20:00 am »

Rock Band 4 confirmed!

<a href="https://www.youtube.com/v/Pc0RECohAZ0" target="_blank">https://www.youtube.com/v/Pc0RECohAZ0</a>

http://forums.harmonixmusic.com/discussion/257486/were-ready-for-our-encore-rock-band-4-coming-2015

http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/archive/2015/03/05/rock-band-4-is-coming-here-s-what-you-need-to-know.aspx?utm_content=buffer18d3d&utm_medium=social&utm_source=twitter.com&utm_campaign=buffer

http://www.giantbomb.com/podcasts/harmonix-talks-rock-band-4-avoiding-another-plasti/1600-1156/

Cambridge, Mass. – March 5th, 2015 – Harmonix is excited to announce that it is teaming up with Mad Catz to bring Rock Band™ 4, the next generation of the award-winning social and interactive music gaming platform, to PlayStation®4 computer entertainment system and Xbox One, the all-in-one games and entertainment system from Microsoft®.

Players can guarantee that they can be ready to rock with new hardware on release day by signing up to be alerted when pre-orders go live at http://www.rockband.com/preorder.

Additionally, fans attending PAX East in Boston between March 6 and March 8 can pre-order an exclusive Penny Arcade-themed guitar in person at Harmonix’s booth, #4224.

Video: “Meet the Rock Band 4 Team”

Rock Band 4 Logo, artwork, and assets

Penny Arcade-exclusive guitar image

START A BAND. ROCK THE WORLD.

Rock Band 4 brings the critically-acclaimed franchise to a new generation of consoles, focusing on the features and gameplay that people love, and expanding the franchise in innovative ways that were informed by how fans play and what they want.

“With Rock Band 4, we’re doubling down on the energy and excitement of playing music live with your friends,” says Harmonix Chief Executive Officer Steve Janiak. “Focusing on the core experience that our fans have told us they love allows us to evolve established gameplay in meaningful ways that we can’t wait to share with everyone later this year.”

“We couldn’t be happier to be working with Harmonix and help bring the band back together for the launch of Rock Band 4,” added Darren Richardson, President and Chief Executive Officer of Mad Catz. “Harmonix possesses unrivalled passion and vision for music gaming and we can’t wait to introduce the next generation music platform to passionate gamers.”

Harmonix will reveal to its fans more details about exciting new features of Rock Band 4 this coming May.

STILL THE MOST MUSIC. PERIOD.

In addition to a killer on-disc soundtrack, Rock Band 4 will support over 2000 tracks released since the 2007 launch of the original Rock Band, accounting for more than 500 of rock music’s most legendary artists.

“Since the beginning, we’ve called Rock Band a music platform. Players responded by downloading hundreds of their favorite tracks, and building a massive library of playable music,” says Rock Band 4 Product Manager Daniel Sussman. “It’s important for us to respect those purchases and enable our fans to bring that content over to the Rock Band platform on new generation consoles.”

Players who’ve purchased or downloaded playable tracks on last-generation consoles will be able to download and play those tracks on their new platforms at no additional charge*. Hundreds of tracks will be available at launch, with more back catalog music – and new tracks – to be added regularly after launch.

CELEBRATE WITH FREE DOWNLOADABLE CONTENT FOR ROCK BAND 3, AVAILABLE NOW

To celebrate the long-awaited announcement of Rock Band 4, Harmonix is offering a free downloadable track. “I Still Believe,” recorded by UK-based songwriter Frank Turner for his fourth EP, Rock & Roll, is available now for download today, free of charge, on PlayStation®3 and Xbox 360®. Playable today in Rock Band 3 and Rock Band Blitz, this is one of the hundreds of songs that will be compatible with Rock Band 4 when it ships later this year for PlayStation®4 and Xbox One!

Rock Band 4 will be available later this year. For more information, head over to http://www.harmonixmusic.com and follow @RockBand on Twitter for updates.

For more information on Rock Band and Harmonix Music Systems please visit http://www.harmonixmusic.com.

* The timing of release of “legacy” DLC on next-generation consoles is to be determined and may be subject to change. “Legacy” DLC will be downloadable and playable in Rock Band 4 only after the DLC is released on next-generation consoles.

© 2015 Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All Rights Reserved. Harmonix, Rock Band 4, Rock Band 3, Rock Band Blitz, Rock Band and all related titles and logos are trademarks of Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. Rock Band 4, Rock Band 3, Rock Band Blitz and other related products and services developed by Harmonix Music Systems, Inc. All other marks are the property of their owners.
« Last Edit: March 05, 2015, 07:29:45 am by Sonicface.jpg » Logged

scoobysnacks
Awesome
The Sturge

Whats Ya Gunna Do When Pastamania Runs Wild On You

« Reply #580 on: March 09, 2015, 12:17:12 pm »

They had the Penny Arcade exclusive guitar available for pre order at PAX but you had to put the full $100 down for it. I would have pre ordered it otherwise.
Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #581 on: March 09, 2015, 01:52:59 pm »

So far it's looking like your downloaded songs will only transfer in the same console family (360 to Xbox One, PS3 to PS4). Which makes sense but also means I'm about to miss out on my library. All of my songs are on 360 but I'm getting the game on Playstation 4.

I would really enjoy a current gen port of Rock Band Blitz. I haven't touched a traditional Rock Band game in ages but I load up Blitz regularly.

Sonicface.jpg

« Reply #582 on: March 14, 2015, 10:14:29 am »

The Song Request page for Rock Band has officially relaunched. Let's get that Strong Bad Sings pack in the game!

http://www.harmonixmusic.com/games/rock-band/request

Limozeen- "Because It's Midnite" (could happen, it was in a Guitar Hero game!)
Taranchula- "Moving Very Slowly"
Strong Bad- "Everybody To The Limit (Live From West Reykjavik)"

I Just Won A Million Dollars!

Mr. Teatime
Super Mod

You should be nicer to me.

« Reply #583 on: March 19, 2015, 05:10:18 pm »

I found a copy of Rock Band 1, the only one I've never owned, for $.99.  Unfortunately I then found out my old guitar controller has a busted button so I had to order a new one online. Time to see if I'm still as pathetically great as I used to be.
Depressio
Super Mod

« Reply #584 on: March 26, 2015, 06:41:37 pm »

I just requested Everybody to the Limit. Surely they can't ignore...TWO requests.

Pages: 1 ... 37 38 [39] 40 Go Up Print 
« previous next »
Jump to:  

Back to Strong Bad Email Secrets
All "Homestar Runner" content © 1933-20X6 homestarrunner.com
Burning Horizon's H*R Fan-Forum | Powered by SMF 1.0.9.
© 2001-2005, Lewis Media. All Rights Reserved.